Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we cannot process your application without it.
All biographic information is required, except for your telephone number and the contact time.
Indicate your availability for employment.
Enter the lowest grade level (07-07) you will accept.
You may omit the availability date if you can begin work immediately. Otherwise you must provide the date you will be available for employment. Please use this format: (mm/dd/yyyy)
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty code as defined below. Your selection will be used to determine your consideration for this position under competitive or non-competitive merit promotion procedures. The specialty codes for this position are 001 and 002. You must select at least one specialty code; however, you may select both codes, if applicable, and you meet eligibility for each type of consideration.
001 Transfer or Reinstatement eligibles: Current or former Federal career or career conditional employees who hold, or have held, a non-temporary position in the competitive service, at a lower grade level as the position being announced; Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) eligibles: Veterans who are preference eligibles OR who have separated under honorable conditions after 3 years or more of continuous service.
002 Disabled veterans receiving 30% or more disability compensation from the VA; Individuals with severe disabilities (eligible for Schedule A appointments); Individuals eligible under other non-competitive appointment authorities such as: military spouses under E.O. 13473; Veterans Recruitment Authority (VRA); certain former overseas employees; present and former Peace Corps, Vista or Action volunteers; former White House staff; present and former Foreign Service officers and employees; certain National Guard technicians; and Current and former Federal employees who meet the established criteria outlined in an Office of Personnel Management Interchange Agreement; Transfer or Reinstatement eligibles that hold, or have previously held a Federal career or career-conditional position at the same or higher grade level as the position being announced; and Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) and Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) eligibles: displaced Federal employees requesting special priority selection consideration as determined by their employing agency
Please note that if you are eligible for consideration under non-competitive merit promotion procedures and you wish to, you may apply under competitive merit promotion as well.
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. Please choose the response that best describes your level of experience as it relates to the work of an Emergency Management Analyst at the GS-12 level.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience at the GS-11 level or greater (or equivalent in other pay systems) that provided me with the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform successfully the duties of this position. This specialized experience should include: (1) collaborating in studies of management or administrative programs to improve preparedness/readiness program activities; (2) researching sensitive issues, such as operational readiness; (3) compiling data into reports, and developing SOPs, plans and instructions; (4) briefing management on a variety of confidential matters pertaining to administrative operations.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had the education, training, or experience in performing this task.
2. Assist in coordinating and monitoring organizational actions in support of Continuity of Operations (COOP).
3. Brief and train others regarding emergency management programs.
4. Provide administrative and technical guidance related to the principles, concepts, policies and directives of the emergency management program.
5. Develop internal procedures, guidelines and briefings regarding emergency management programs.
6. Perform Watch Officer functions, such as monitoring organizational situations, local and throughout U.S., for operational and preparedness capability.
7. Provide emergency and contingency logistics.
8. Coordinate with other site staff to determine and report the overall operational readiness of an organization/department.
9. Provide advice and guidance on a broad array of issues requiring organizational input or support within the organization.
10. Serve as program lead on an organizational initiative that was worked by you from beginning thru end.
11. Provide project management, strategic planning, operational plans, quantitative and qualitative analysis
12. Adapt principles and techniques to solve unique emergency management issues.
13. Solve emergency management problems without precedent and established procedures.
14. Gather and analyze data to assess and communicate operational readiness of an organization.
15. Maintain control of action correspondence, including performing follow-up action.
16. Provide a range of analytical methods and techniques for planning, analyzing and evaluating the effectiveness of current work systems, processes and procedures which resulted into improved efficiencies, best practices and productivity.
17. Conduct and present briefings on internal procedures, guidelines, orientations, and customer service to support the organization.
18. Respond to inquiries and requests for information or action from various sources.
19. Coordinate with others to obtain necessary information.
20. Research and develop timely written replies to requests for information.
21. Ensure that intelligence, incident reports and communiqués are logged and forwarded to appropriate personnel.
22. Prepare reports with accurate information and correct style, format, grammar, and spelling.
23. Develop and publish Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), plans, detailed instructions, meeting documentation, and lesson learned critiques.
24. I certify that all of my responses to this questionnaire are true and accurate. I accept that if my supporting documentation and/or later steps in the selection process do not support one or more of my responses to the questionnaire that my application may be rated lower and/or I may be removed from further consideration. (Note: Failure to certify will render you ineligible for consideration.)A. Yes