The USDA can only hire U.S. Citizens. Please select the response that reflects your eligibility to apply to this open competitive vacancy.
1. Are you a U.S. Citizen?A. I am a U.S. Citizen.
2. Do you have a current/valid state driver's license?A. Yes
For each of the following questions select the one response from the choices given that best describes your experience and/or training. Do not answer positively to a question unless you are able to provide specific examples or documentation as proof that you have had this type of education or experience at the level you are claiming. YOUR RESUME MUST CONTAIN EVIDENCE TO SUPPORT YOUR RESPONSES.
3. Are you currently enrolled or accepted for enrollment as a degree-seeking student at an accredited college or university?A. I am currently enrolled or accepted on at least a half-time basis at a qualifying educational institution, for the purpose of obtaining a diploma, degree, or certificate.
4. Pathways Student Intern Program 640 hour work experience requirement.A. I am able to work two (2) summers of full-time employment prior to graduation to meet the 640 hour work experience.
Select the response that best fits your qualifications.
5. Please select the letter that corresponds to the highest level of education you will have completed by the closing date of this announcement.A. High School Diploma
The following question will be used to help us determine our best qualified applicants. Please answer each question honestly, and make sure your resume or application materials include information that supports your answers.
6. What year will you obtain your degree? NOTE: If going on for another degree with no break (example currently pursuing an AA degree but going directly on for a BS degree) please list the date of the final degree, not the current degree.A. Spring 2014
7. What is your current cumulative Grade Point Average (on a 4 point scale)?A. 4.0 or equivalent
8. What is your major course of study?A. Soil Science
9. How many semester hours of soils courses have you taken or are currently enrolled in?A. 6-8 semester hours
10. How many semester hours of crops or plant science courses have you taken or are currently enrolled in?A. 6-8 semester hours
11. How many semester hours of agricultural or natural resources courses (other than soils/crops/plant) have you taken or are currently enrolled in?A. 12 or more semester hours
12. Do you have any farming/ranching experience?A. Yes
13. Have you operated Geographic Information Systems (GIS) equipment?A. Yes
14. Do you have any experience using survey tools such as planimeters, scales, transit, engineer's level, etc?A. Yes
15. Do you have experience reading and understanding policy and procedural manuals?A. Yes
16. Do you have experience collecting and recording data or samples?A. Yes
17. Please choose the response that most accurately reflects your level of experience utilizing computer programs such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and similar word processing or office automation programs.
A. I have a little experience in computer programs and applications.
18. Prepared correspondence and/or narrative reports.A. I have not had education, training, or experience in performing this task.
19. Working as a member of a team to achieve an important goal.A. I have never participated as a member of a team.
Please carefully review all of your answers to the above questions, and then carefully read the paragraphs below, before answering/certifying question 13.
20. I am aware that knowingly and willfully withholding information or making false statements on this application constitutes and will result in disqualification from the selection process. If the misrepresentation is discovered after hiring, I may be subject to inquiry and suitable administrative or disciplinary action up to and including dismissal from the Natural Resources Conservation Service.
I understand that under the Americans with Disabilities Act or 1990 and Rehabilitation Act of 1973, it is my responsibility to request any reasonable accommodations which I require to complete the application, testing, and/or hiring procedures.