Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
The Vacancy Identification Number is: 873720
Enter the lowest grade level (14-15) you will accept.
You may omit the availability date if you can begin work immediately. Otherwise you must provide the date you will be available for employment. Please use this format: (mm/dd/yyyy)
The occupational specialty will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one occupational specialty code for this position. The specialty code for this position is:
The geographic location code will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are intrested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
Thank you for your interest in a position with the Department of Justice (DOJ). Your response to this assessment questionnaire, in conjunction with other portions of your completed application, will be evaluated in making screening decisions.
This is a DOJ job application system. Your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please review your responses for accuracy before you submit this application. Incomplete/incorrect responses may result in you not receiving appropriate consideration.
For each of the following questions, please select the response that best describes your education and/or experience. You may select only one response for each question. If you feel that your education or experience exceeds all of the descriptions for a particular question, choose the description that is the closest level to the experience or education that you possess. Failure to respond to these questions will result in an ineligible rating.
1. From the descriptions below, select the ONE response that BEST describes the education and/or experience that you possess that demonstrates your ability to perform as a GS-341-14, Administrative Officer:
2. From the descriptions below, select the ONE response that BEST describes the education and/or experience that you possess that demonstrates your ability to perform as a GS-341-15, Administrative Officer:
List the specific position/dates from your resume or cover letter that validates your response. Also list the name and contact information of someone who can verify your response.
3. From the descriptions below, select the ONE response that BEST describes how you meet the Selective Placement Factor at the GS-14 level that is required for this position :
4. From the descriptions below, select the ONE response that BEST describes how you meet the Selective Placement Factor at the GS-14 level that is required for this position :
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.
5. Independently plan, manage, and define a comprehensive administrative program.
6. Provide guidance on the management and use of financial, manpower and physical resources, administrative policies, practices and procedures.
7. Analyze management issues for the agency.
8. Identify issues to study, develop analytical methods, conducts investigations and prepares option papers.
9. Ensure that personnel, records and facility are safe and in full conformance with security requirements
10. Plan and provide for all management services and office support functions in the office.
11. Supervise a subordinate staff.
12. Plan, evaluate, direct and coordinate administrative services for the agency.
13. Develop and maintain a system of internal controls to ensure efficiency.
14. Conduct regular inspections, analyze results and develop a master security plan.
15. Project and analyze space needs.
16. Analyze telecommunication needs of the staff.
17. Maintain property records, oversee property inventory and disposal.
18. Ensure that the office has an effective records system.
19. Primary financial manager and responsible for budget formulation and execution.
20. Collect and maintain obligation control data for all expenses for the office.
21. Devise and implement managerial and accountability controls to minimize waste, fraud, and abuse.
22. Make purchases within delegated monetary authorization.
23. Maintain records and reports in connection with purchases.
24. Develop personnel programs and directly manage a comprehensive personnel program.
25. Analyze projected manpower requirements.
26. Develop recruitment strategies, conduct job analysis, evaluate and interview candidates.
27. Ensure positions are classified within full compliance by the Office of Personnel Management.
28. Study position management posture and make recommendations.
29. Provide management advice and assistance in employee relations matters.
As previously explained, your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy. Incomplete/incorrect responses may result in you not receiving appropriate consideration.
30. If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this program.
I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that I will not be considered for employment if I do not respond "Yes" to this certification item.
I understand a comprehensive background investigation, including a check of my credit history and a pre-employment drug screening, is required for this position.
You have submitted your answers for the Assessment Questionnaire. If you
provided an email address, you will receive a confirmation email upon receipt of the Assessment Questionnaire. Please review the Vacancy Announcement to assure that you have submitted all necessary supporting documents. Thank you for your interest in a position with the Department of Justice.