Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you a current Food and Drug Administration (FDA) employees with competitive status only? Competitive status refers to employees who are serving on a career or career conditional appointment.
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 13.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select the one response which best describes your experience and/or education which meet the Qualification Requirements for a Training Specialist, GS-1712-13.A. I have one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service, to include experience serving as an advisor in the planning, development, presentation, and evaluation of complex education and training programs.
2. From the descriptions below, select the letter that best describes your eligibility for this position.A. I currently work for the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) serving on a career or career-conditional appointment in the competitive service.
In this section, you are asked to evaluate yourself on task items using the scale provided. When marking your ratings, please do not overstate or understate your level of experience or capability. You should be aware that your ratings are subject to evaluation and verification. Do not give yourself credit for having performed tasks you have not performed. Additional steps in the selection process are designed to verify your stated level of experience and capability. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from employment with the organization.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
3. Develop procedures, criteria and standards for use in evaluating the training and educational programs and conduct surveys to evaluate program effectiveness.
4. Design training courses to clearly and effectively present complex information about scientific and programmatic objectives, recommendations and activities.
5. Evaluate training policies, procedures, curricula, instructional methods and techniques, quality of instruction, adequacy and utilization of training aids and devices, facilities and equipment used in training courses.
6. Design, develop and coordinate training and curriculum development activities with other federal, state, public and private organizations and the local public.
7. Design, develop and conduct training courses covering subject matters that are unusually broad and highly complex.
8. Evaluate the quality and usefulness of current training activities and materials and updates, oversees, and coordinate revisions to training materials and formats for courses.
9. Evaluate training needs and develop new training courses, modules and seminars.
10. Provide consultative services in the design of leadership and professional development training programs.
11. Provide training and career development advice and assistance.
12. Coordinate and facilitate cooperation among diverse members of a team.
13. Develop new training courses, modules and seminars.
14. Prepare reports for management on the status and effectiveness of training activities.
15. Format material for training sessions.