For each of the following questions, please select the response that best describes your education and/or experience. You may select only one response for each question. If you feel that your education or experience exceeds all of the descriptions for a particular question, choose the description that is the closest level to the experience or education that you possess. Failure to respond to these questions will result in an ineligible rating.
1. Do you have at least one full year (12 months) of experience as a licensed attorney (or a law clerk)?
2. Do you have experience with computer and electronic litigation hardware and software?
3. Do you have prior state or federal judicial clerkship or appellate experience?
4. All Special Assistant United States Attorney applicants are required to certify that, at the time of this filing, they (1) are licensed to practice law under the laws of a State, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or any territorial court established under the United States Constitution, and (2) are bar certified. Do you meet this requirement?
Please answer YES, NO, or NOT APPLICABLE to the following questions. If you respond "No" to any of these questions, you will be disqualified from further consideration.
5. A comprehensive background investigation, including a check of your credit history, is required for this position. Are you willing to authorize the release of your consumer/credit reports to DOJ in connection with your application for employment?
6. A comprehensive background investigation, including a criminal history and fingerprint check is required for this position. Are you willing to submit your fingerprints to DOJ and consent to a formal background investigation in connection with your application for employment?
7. This position requires that you uphold the highest ethical standards, including maintaining confidentiality of sensitive information. Are you willing to abide by all policies and procedures governing the protection of sensitive information?
8. If you are a male U.S. Citizen born after 31 December 1959, you are required to register with the Selective Service. Have you registered with the Selective Service? (Female applicants must select "C.")
Please answer YES, NO, or NOT APPLICABLE to the following condition of employment questions. If you answer "Yes" to any of these questions, please provide an explanation in the narrative box provided below. A "Yes" answer does not necessarily disqualify a candidate from consideration. However, inaccurate or incomplete information regarding ethics and professionalism may prevent further consideration.
9. Have you failed to file or pay state or federal taxes for any year you were required to file returns or are you currently delinquent in the payment of state or federal taxes? If yes, please use the narrative box at the end of this section to fully describe the circumstances and resolution of the delinquency.
10. Are you delinquent in the payment of any student loans? If yes, please use the narrative box at the end of this section to fully describe the circumstances and resolution of the delinquency.
11. Have you ever had a state bar complaint filed against you or had your conduct referred to a state bar in any jurisdiction? If you respond yes to this question, please use the narrative text box at the end of this section to fully explain the circumstances, disclose the jurisdiction and the resolution.
12. Has your conduct ever been referred to the Office of Professional Responsibility, Department of Justice? If yes, please use the narrative text box at the end of this section to fully describe the circumstances and resolution of the referral.
13. Has any court ever issued any sanctions, monetary or otherwise, against you or your client arising out of your conduct? If yes, please use the narrative text box at the end of this section to fully describe the circumstances and sanctions.
14. Have you or your employer ever reported your conduct or performance to a professional liability carrier? If yes, please use the narrative text box at the end of this section to fully describe the circumstances and resolution.
As previously explained, your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy. Incomplete/incorrect responses may result in you not receiving appropriate consideration.
15. If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this program.
I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that I will not be considered for employment if I do not respond "Yes" to this certification item.
I understand a comprehensive background investigation, including a check of my credit history and a pre-employment drug screening, is required for this position.
You have submitted your answers for the Assessment Questionnaire. If you
provided an email address, you will receive a confirmation email upon receipt of the Assessment
Questionnaire. Please review the Vacancy Announcement to assure that you have submitted all
necessary supporting documents. Thank you for your interest in a position with the Department
Bottom of Form