Your responses to this questionnaire, in conjunction with the other portions of your completed application, will be evaluated in determining your eligibility and qualifications for this position. Do not overstate or understate your level of experience and capability. Please note that your answers will be verified against the information you provided in your resume, transcripts, or other application materials and information provided by your references.
1. From the statements below, choose the response that best describes how you meet the basic qualification requirement for this position. Failure to respond to this question will result in an ineligible rating.A. I have completed a 4-year course of study leading to a bachelor's degree, that included or was supplemented by at least 24 semester hours in any combination of the following fields: accounting, business, finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, or organization and management. Note: You must include copies of your transcripts with your application package to support this response.
2. From the statements below, choose the response that best describes how you meet the additional qualification requirement for this position. Failure to respond to this question will result in an ineligible rating.A. I have completed at least 4-years of experience in contracting or related positions. At least one full year of that experience was specialized experience comparable in scope and responsibility to the GS-13 level in the Federal service (obtained in either the public or private sectors) and provided the knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform the duties of this position. Specialized experience may have been demonstrated by performing duties such as: providing direction, guidance and advice to contracting professionals on complex contracting actions; planning, negotiating, awarding, administering and closing out high-value or multi-year contracts associated with the acquisition of goods and serves; and serving as a contractual authority and advisor to top-level management.
3. A Federal Acquisition Certification - Contracting (FAC-C) Level III or industry equivalent contract management certification is highly desired and expected to significantly enhance performance in this position. From the choices below, please select the statement that best applies to you.A. I currently hold a FAC-C Level III or industry equivalent contract management certification.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had the education, training, or experience in performing this task.
4. Plan contracting actions by performing duties such as developing acquisition strategies, determining pre-negotiation positions, and determining the types of contracts and negotiation authorities.
5. Direct a full range of contract administration actions such as contract modifications, negotiation of changes, exercising of options, resolution of delays, disposition of claims, tracking contractor performance, and other related matters.
6. Develop and implement a plan to procure a multi-year program or system involving successive program stages.
7. Establish priorities and milestones for assigned contracting projects.
8. Prepare pre-negotiation position
9. Use best-value acquisition techniques to process procurements (e.g. cost and price analysis, market and technical information).
10. Evaluate proposals for compliance with complex technical specifications.
11. Analyze cost proposals and make appropriate decisions, such as determinations of competitive range.
12. Conduct negotiations for complex contractual actions involving contract changes and modifications.
13. Monitor the progress and performance of contractors (e.g. timely submission of deliverables, timely processing of invoices, or timely submission of reports).
14. Serve as principal advisor to program officials on procurement related matters.
15. Conduct conferences or oral presentations with prospective contractors to arrive at a clear understanding of solicitation requirements.
16. Make presentations of source selection decisions or other procurement decisions to upper management.
17. Provide technical advice or information to industry, government agencies, internal customers or other contract specialists.
18. Represent a department or organization at negotiations, conferences or other contracting meetings.
19. Assist the program office in preparing any necessary statements of work and specifications.
20. Prepare sound solicitation documents that are in complete agreement with acquisition policies and procedures.
21. Document justifications for decisions made in contractual actions.
22. Prepare reports that document status and progress of contract actions in meeting established milestones and deadlines.
23. Direct the activities of acquisition professionals by establishing work schedules, priorities, and milestones.
24. Provide advice, counsel, and/or instructions to employees on both work and administrative matters.
25. Plan work to be accomplished by subordinates based on consideration of the difficulty and requirements involved and the capabilities of the staff.
26. Evaluate performance of employees and approve or recommend improvements of work projects.
27. Identify training needs of the staff and take a proactive role in their professional development.
28. Ensure the organization's strategic plan, mission, vision, and values are communicated to the staff.
As previously explained, your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the resume and documents you submit. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your ratings. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position/agency during the probationary period, or other disciplinary action, including termination. Please take this opportunity to review your ratings to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you: understand this warning; have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy; and verified that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability.
29. Failure to agree or respond to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position. Select the most appropriate response below.A. Yes, I verify that all of my responses to this questionnaire are true and accurate. I accept that if my supporting documentation and/or later steps in the selection process do not support one or more of my response to the questionnaire that my application may be rated lower and/or I may be removed from further consideration.