Are you eligible for a noncompetitive appointment to the Federal government under authorities for certain disabled and other veterans? Please refer to the Vet Guide http://www.opm.gov/veterans/html/vetguide.htm for more information.
If you answer yes, you MUST provide documentation as stated in the Required Documents section of this announcement.
Please select from the following to indicate how you would like to be considered. Not submitting required documents/proof may result in your disqualification.
Competitive All US Citizens. You are a United States citizen.
Merit Promotion or Veterans Employment Opportunities Act (VEOA) eligible.
You must submit a copy of your latest SF-50 Notification of Personnel Action.
Noncompetitive- You are a current or former civilian Federal employee who has held a permanent position in the competitive service with the same or higher promotion potential as this position or are eligible under an interchange agreement. You must submit a copy of your latest SF-50 Notification of Personnel Action.
You are eligible to be hired under a Special Hiring Authority such as those authorized for persons with disabilities; disabled veterans who have a compensable service-connected disability of 30% or more; certain other veterans; spouses of certain members of the armed forces; and returning Peace Corps volunteers (for more information see http://www.opm.gov/employ/students/fedhire.asp#authorities). You must submit relevant supporting documentation (e.g., certification from state Office of Vocational Rehabilitation; DD-214 and VA letter; etc.)
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS FOR GS-14
1. From the descriptions below, select the one statement that best describes your experience to meet the basic requirements for this position at the GS-14 grade level.A. I have at least one year of full-time specialized experience equivalent to the GS-13 grade level in the federal government performing all of the following: 1) assess Information Technology (IT) program effectiveness through complex program management analysis; 2) formulate and implement plans to improve IT program policies and organizational structure; and 3) analyze and improve difficult and diverse financial functions related to IT purchases. NOTE: Your resume must clearly define your experiences related to the above items; otherwise, your eligibility may be affected.
ABILITY TO INTERPRET LAWS, REGULATIONS, POLICIES, AND PROCEDURES FOR ADMINISTRATIVE PROGRAMS
From the statements below, choose the one statement that best identifies your experience and/or training for each of the following tasks. Your resume must support your claims.A- I have not had education, training, or experience in performing this task.
2. Analyze existing organizational structures for effectiveness with laws and regulations.
3. Recommend organizational changes in response to management's direction.
4. Develop long-range management plans for efficient and effective Information Technology (IT) program implementation and administration.
5. Analyze and evaluate complex administrative processes affecting large scale operations.
6. Provide guidance or technical advice to management and decision-makers on Information Technology (IT) operations.
7. Research and investigate new or improved business and management practices for application to agency programs or operations.
SKILL TO PLAN, ORGANIZE, AND IMPLEMENT PROGRAMS, PLANS, AND PROPOSALS INVOLVING INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (IT) SERVICES
8. Develop and monitor systems that focus on long and short range plans, policies, and programs.
9. Study qualitative and quantitative information received to determine requirements and presence of unusual procedures.
10. Design and conduct complex studies requiring application of advanced analytical and statistical methods to Information Technology (IT) functions and processes.
11. Integrate and coordinate related phases of various activities and functions to achieve efficiency and consistency of operations.
SKILL IN APPLYING ANALYTICAL AND EVALUATIVE TECHNIQUES CONCERNING THE EFFICIENCY AND EFFECTIVENESS OF PROGRAM OPERATIONS
12. Oversee analytical studies involving the substance of key organization programs which require input and assistance from subject-matter specialists in fields appropriate to the subject.
13. Identify and propose solutions to management problems that are of major importance to planning program direction.
14. Develop authoritative analyses, evaluations and recommendations based on the result of studies, the organizations strategic direction and regulatory guidelines.
15. Establish policy and procedural mechanisms to solve technical and operational problems or issues.
SKILL TO PLAN, ORGANIZE, AND IMPLEMENT PROGRAMS, PLANS, AND PROPOSALS THAT INVOLVE CHANGES IN ESTABLISHED PROCEDURES
16. Evaluate complex management processes associated with Information Technology (IT) affecting large-scale operations and program relevance.
17. Develop or implement internal administrative guidelines or standard operating procedures for the conduct of program operations.
18. Organize and implement programs involving substantial organizational resources, or that require extensive changes in established procedures.
19. Participate on a team or group to analyze administrative programs to assess their impact on the organization's operations and missions.
CERTIFICATION OF INFORMATION ACCURACY
20. Your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy, and verify that your response accurately describe your current level of experience and capability. Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for this position.A. Yes, I verify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I accept that if my supporting documentation and/or later steps in the selection process do not support one or more of my responses to the questionnaire that my rating may be lowered and/or I may be removed from further consideration.