First review all of the items listed below. After reviewing them, select the option that BEST describes the preference which you are eligible for. If you are eligible for more than one selection preference/priority consideration please indicate as appropriate. All supporting documentation must be uploaded /attached with your application in order to receive the requested priority consideration/selection preference. The next lower selection preference/priority consideration will be assigned if failure to provide supporting documentation prior to the closing date.
1. Are you residing within local commuting area? NOTE: If you are a Military Spouse moving into the area in 30 days, please respond to this question with Yes for employment consideration.
2. Are you willing to relocate yourself to this geographic location on your own expense?
3. Are you claiming Military Spouse Employment Preference (SEP)? NOTE: A spouse is defined as the wife or husband of an active duty military member of the Armed Forces, including the Coast Guard, and a member of the National Guard or Reserves on active duty. The Marriage must have occurred prior to the service member's relocation to the new duty station. Sponsor's PCS Orders are REQUIRED to verify your claim. An eligible spouse must request consideration at the time of application. Eligibility time period begins 30 days before the military's sponsor's reporting date at the new duty location and continues during the entire tour, or until acceptance or declination of a position offer (NAF or APF) at the grade for which preference has been requested. Preference is also terminated on placement into any continuing position (NAF or APF), or one expected to continue for at least 1 year in the new duty location, whether or not preference was applied. This preference is only honored for the new duty location and any other installation within commuting area.
4. Are you claiming Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP)? NOTE: Certain members of the Armed Services, and dependents thereof, who were involuntarily separated from active duty with an honorable or general under honorable conditions discharge, are entitled to preference in hiring for a period of 1 year after separation. The preference must be claimed at time of application. An individual is entitled to this preference in hiring only one time. The preference is terminated upon placement in, or declination of, a NAF position for which application was made. A DD-214 member 4 copy needs to be provided and/or a Military and Civilian identification cards bearing the over stamp Transition Assistance (TA), to verify your claim.
5. Are you a DOD NAF employee separated by a business-based action? NOTE: This priority consideration is authorized for up to one year from separation. This priority is separate and apart from the Reemployment Priority List (RPL) priority placement program. A copy of the Separation DA Form 3434 (or equivalent) must be provided to verify your claim.
6. Are you a Current or Former NAF Employee? NOTE: This does not include emergency hire FLEX service, but includes any other service with a DOD NAFI. A copy of your most recent DA3434 (or equivalent) must be provided to verify your claim.
7. Are you a current APF Employee? NOTE: You must have been serving in a position without time limits and have served continuously for at least 1 year in an Army APF position. Current APF employees are deemed to have Current/Former NAF employee status. Your most recent SF-50 must be provided to verify your claim.
8. Are you claiming Outside Applicant Veteran Preference (OAV)? NOTE: Veteran's priority consideration does not apply to in-service placement actions. No point system is applied for NAF positions. A copy of your DD Form 214, Member-4 copy, must be provided to verify your claim.
9. Are you an Outside Applicant Non-Veteran (OANV)? - This preference applies if you have never had any professional affiliation with the Armed Services or Federal Government as well as a Federal Government Instrumentality (NAF).
Please indicate if you have the experience/education listed below for each item. Your response must be verified by your application and/or resume and in later steps of the selection process. If your experience/education exceeds (or falls in-between) the below descriptions, select the lower level that fully applies. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- Yes
1. Possess the physical ability to lift and carry up to 40 pounds, walk, bend, stoop and stand on a routine basis. Duties may involve working indoors and outside.
2. Possess the ability to communicate orally and in writing in the English language.
3. Possess experience in Child and Youth program administration.
4. Possess the ability to plan and organize problems to identify significant factors, gather pertinent data and provide solutions.
5. Possess prior work experience preparing, reviewing and submitting administrative reports.
6. Possess prior work experience maintaining office files/records required by management.
Please indicate if you meet the Highly Preferred criteria listed below. Your response must be verified by your application and/or resume and in later steps of the selection process.
7. Possess prior work experience using CYMS to process cash transactions for CYS Services.
In this part, you will respond to questions about experiences you have had that are related to the requirements of the job for which you are applying. Carefully review the response descriptions listed below. For each question or statement, select the ONE response description that best describes your experience. Remember that your experience will be verified by your application or resume and in the interview process, so please DO NOT EXAGGERATE your experience. Read each item carefully before making a decision.A- I have not had education, training, or experience in performing this task.
8. Possess work or volunteer experience in receiving visitors/phone calls and refering them to the appropriate individual.
9. Possess work or volunteer experience in processing payments from customers.
10. Possess work or volunteer experience maintainng suspense records on correspondence/actions documents to ensure timely completion.
11. Possess work or volunteer experience creating and producing marketing fliers.A. Yes
12. Possess work or volunteer experience using MS Office software, i.e. (Word, Excell, Powerpoint).A. Yes
13. Possess a combination of education (24 credit hours) and experience (24 months) in courses related to a major in Early Childhood
Development/Elementary/Secondary/Special Education or a related field such as Psychology.
14. Successful competion of an undergraduate degree that included or was supplemented by a major study (at least 24 credit hours) in a field that relates directly to CYS Services, i.e. Early Childhood/Elementary/Secondary/Special Education/Child and Youth Development or a related field such as Psychology.A. Yes