Vacancy ID: 868043 Announcement Number: VA-BH-868043-MP USAJOBS Control Number: 341755100Occupational/Assessment Questions:
This section will be used to determine if you possess the basic educational requirements needed to qualify for a Contract Specialist, GS-1102.
1. Please select the response that most closely matches your basic educational qualifications for a Contract Specialist, GS-1102, grade level GS-05 and GS-07. Make sure your resume supports the response you select.A. I have completed a 4-year course of study leading to a bachelor's degree with a major in any field. NOTE: You must submit copies of college transcripts.
Transcripts must be provided to support your educational claims. Failure to provide transcripts will result in an ineligible rating.
B. I have at least 24 semester hours in any combination of the following fields: accounting, business, finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, or organization and management. NOTE: You must submit copies of college transcripts.
C. I have occupied and continue to occupy a GS-1102 position within the Federal Government since January 1st, 2000.
D. I do not meet the criteria described in any of the statements above and do not qualify for this position.
Please answer the questions below. Failure to answer these questions will result in an ineligible rating.
2. From the descriptions below, please select the response that BEST reflects your education and/or specialized experience relevant to the position of Contract Specialist, GS-1102-05. SELECT ONLY ONE LETTER. NOTE: YOUR RESUME MUST SUPPORT THE RESPONSE YOU SELECT.A. I have completed a 4-year course of study leading to a bachelor's degree with a major in any field. NOTE: You must submit copies of college transcripts.
B. I have completed at least 24 semester hours in any combination of the following fields: accounting, business, finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, or organization and management. NOTE: You must submit copies of college transcripts.
C. I do not meet the criteria described in statements A and B above and do not qualify for this position.
3. From the descriptions below, please select the response that BEST reflects your education and/or specialized experience for the position of Contract Specialist GS-1102-07.A. I am eligible based on Superior Academic Achievement (SAA) based on one of the following (note: your college education must be in a field related to this position): (1) class standing (upper third standing in graduating class); (2) grade-point average (2.95 overall or over the last two years of bachelor's degree -or- 3.45 in your major field or over the last two years in your major); or (3) election to membership in a national scholastic honor society. NOTE: You must submit copies of college transcripts.
B. I have completed one full year (18 hours) of graduate level study in one of the following fields of study: accounting, business finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, and organization and management. NOTE: You must submit copies of college transcripts.
C. I have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-5 level in the Federal Service that has equipped me with the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position. Examples of such specialized experience include: making recommendations relative to price adjustments, deviations from contract terms and conditions, delivery schedules, etc.; conducting negotiations for supplemental agreements, adjustments or settlements; administering contracts, including price/cost analysis, cancelling and terminating contracts, verifying licenses, etc.; and serving as a contact point to establish specialized contracts and agreements.
D. I have less than the full amount of graduate education described in "B" and less than the amount of experience described in "C," but I have a combination of the two that is qualifying for this position. Note: To determine if you qualify by combining experience and education, compute your total qualifying experience as a percentage of the total experience required; then determine your education as a percentage of the total education required. Add the two percentages. The total percentages must equal at least 100% to qualify. NOTE: You must submit copies of college transcripts.
E. I do not have the experience/education described in the statements above.
For each task choose the statement from the list below (A-E) that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select one (1) letter as it applies to you for each statement below.A- I have not had education, training, or experience in performing this task.
B- I have had education or training in performing this task, but have not yet performed it on the job.
C- I have performed this task on the job. My work on this task was monitored by a supervisor or senior employee to ensure compliance with proper procedures.
D- I have performed this task as a regular part of a job. I have performed it independently and normally without a review by a supervisor or senior employee.
E- I am considered an expert in performing this task. I have supervised performance of this task or am normally the person who is consulted by other workers to assist them in doing this task because of my expertise.
4. Serve as a contracting officer, administrator or negotiator for organization contracts.
5. Perform contracting duties, including price/cost analysis, evaluation, negotiation, and cancellation and termination of contracts.
6. Negotiate and collect service fees, aggregates, rebates or administrative fees.
7. Make recommendations relative to price adjustments, deviations from contract terms and conditions, delivery schedules and changes, and other related items.
8. Maintain a positive relationship with buying activities to determine if there are issues with a contract.
9. Conduct conferences with contractors to provide information and clarify special provisions of a contract.
10. Coordinate throughout the contract administration process with quality assurance personnel, program personnel, general counsel, etc.
11. Serve as a contact point for established contracts and agreements.
12. Assist in the closeout of contracts and agreements.
13. Assist in pre-award responsibilities and contract administration.
14. Assist in developing realistic and attainable milestones for organization projects.
15. Monitor work in progress and assure timely accomplishment of assigned workload.
16. I certify that all of my responses to this questionnaire are true and accurate. I accept that if my supporting documentation and/or later steps in the selection process do not support one or more of my responses to the questionnaire that my application may be rated lower and/or I may be removed from further consideration. (Note: Failure to certify will render you ineligible for consideration.)A. Yes