Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we cannot process your application without it.
Please enter your e-mail address in the space provided. If you do not provide an e-mail address you may not receive a notice of your results.
Enter the lowest grade (09) you will accept for this position.
The specialty code(s) for this position is (are):
The location code(s) for this position is (are):
Select the appropriate answer to each of the following questions based on your current level of education and/or experience that demonstrates your ability to perform the duties of this position. When answering the questionnaire, remember that your experience and education are subject to verification by investigation. You may be asked to provide specific examples or documentation of experience or education as proof to support your answers, or you may be required to verify a response by a practical demonstration of your claimed ability to perform a task.
BASIC EDUCATION REQUIREMENT - When applying for positions with a Basic Education Requirement you MUST provide official or unofficial transcripts that state a degree was conferred in the appropriate field. (All applicants must also meet the Additional Qualification Requirements below) Carefully read the following description of education.
1. BASIC EDUCATION REQUIREMENT- Do you possess a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a major in an appropriate social or biological science, which included or was supplemented by 12 semester hours in psychology? You must submit official transcripts (unofficial transcripts accepted). Copies of Certificates/Degrees are not sufficient to meet the Basic Education Requirements. (TRANSCRIPTS REQUIRED)A. Yes
In addition to meeting the basic education requirement, you must also possess specialized experience as indicated below.
2. SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: In addition to the Basic Educational requirement, do you also possess two (2) years of technical work under the direction of a professional psychologist (under the direction of a professional psychologist is required and MUST BE documented on your application/resume) in a program of professional services, training or research? At least 6 months of experience comparable in difficulty and responsibility to the next lower grade in the Federal service (GS-8) or 1 year comparable to the second lower grade (GS-7). These duties may include one or more of the following: (1) assisting in research as in systematic collection of psychology research data, recording and collecting of data, preparing tabular or graphic presentation of data; (2) assisting counseling psychologist in contacting potential employers for purpose of making vocational placement, providing follow-up consultation, administering and scoring of interest, achievement and aptitude tests, securing work history and other relevant vocational information; (3) assisting neuropsychologist in administering and scoring of selected tests; (4) assisting psychologists in completing behavior rating scales or in conducting behavior modification. Specialized Experience specific to this position is: administers and interprets various standardized psychological tests used for the diagnosis and treatment of patients such as group and individual intelligence tests, academic or achievement tests, etc.; schedules, receives and prepares patients for psychological and neuropsychological assessment. (This experience should be clearly documented in your Resume). NOTE: A full year of work is considered to be 35-40 hours of work per week. Part-time experience will be credited on the basis of time actually spent in appropriate activities. Applicants wishing to receive credit for such experience must indicate clearly the nature of their duties and responsibilities in each position and the number of hours a week spent in such employment.A. Yes
3. SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION FOR SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Do you possess two full years of graduate study in psychology in an accredited college or university? (TRANSCRIPT REQUIRED)A. Yes
4. In accordance with 38 U.S.C. 7402(d), No person shall serve in direct patient care positions unless they are proficient in basic written and spoken English. Are you proficient in basic written and spoken English?A. Yes
The following statements pertain to your knowledge of administration and scoring techniques.
For each task in the following groups, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. If applying by fax using OPM Form 1203-FX, darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
5. Proficient in administering and scoring various procedures.
6. Administers therapy and/or instruments procedures.
7. Interprets test results and submits a written interpretive report.
The following statements pertain to your ability to work with patients who exhibit low self-esteem, emotional or behavioral problems.
8. Presents information to patients in a non-alarming manner.
9. Provides rational to patients.
10. Problem solves with patients on use of relaxations skills.
The following statements pertain to your ability to interact with staff at all levels and with community resources.
11. Participates in training of interns and fellows.
12. Participates in interviewing and hiring of work study students.
13. Provides customers with consistent information according to policies and procedures.
The following statements pertain to your skills in using computer technology for documentation, communication, report writing and a brad range of administrative services.
14. Operates a personal computer or computer terminal.
15. Operates standard office equipment such as telephone, copier, fax and calculator.
16. Creates reports using advanced software functions.
Certification of Understanding - Select the appropriate answer to the statement below. Failure to provide an answer will result in your not being considered for this position.
17. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled; I may be denied an appointment; or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated and that responding "No" or providing no response to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.A. Yes, I understand the information provided above and certify that the information provided in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith.
Veteran's Preference Documentation Reminder - In order to receive appropriate preference consideration, you should submit proper documentation if you are claiming eligibility for veteran's preference, which includes a copy of your DD-214 (member copy 4 or earlier version that shows character of service). Applicant's claiming 10-Point preference should also submit an SF-15, Application for 10-Point Veteran's Preference along with the required documentation listed on the SF-15 form (such as verification of service-connected disability percentage).
Transcript Reminder - If you are basing your qualifications on education (or a combination of education and experience) or if the position requires a college education to qualify, you must submit a copy of your transcripts with your application.
RESUME REMINDER- Your resume must include the following information each job listed:
Duties (be as detailed as possible)
Month & year start/end dates (e.g. June 2007 to April 2008)
Full-time or part-time status (include hours worked per week)
Please be aware that your answers will be verified against information provided on your resume. Be sure that your resume clearly supports your responses to all of the questions by addressing your work experience in detail.
Recommended: Even though we do not require a specific resume format, your resume must be clear so that we are able to fully evaluate your qualifications. To ensure you receive appropriate consideration, please list the duties you performed under each individual job title. If we are unable to match your experiences with the positions held, you may lose consideration for this vacancy. We cannot make assumptions regarding your qualifications.