Your responses to the on-line questionnaire must be supported by your resume. Failure to do so may result in an ineligible rating.
FAILURE TO SELECT A RESPONSE TO THIS QUESTION WILL DEFAULT IN A NEGATIVE RESPONSE, WHICH WILL DISQUALIFY YOU FOR THIS POSITION.
1. There is a residency requirement for all applicants not currently employed by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. This residency requirement states that candidates must have, for three of the last five years immediately prior to applying for this position(s); (1) resided in the United States; OR (2) worked for the United States Government as an employee overseas in a Federal or Military capacity; OR (3) been a dependent of a U.S. Federal or Military employee serving overseas. Do you one of meet these requirements?
The following questions will only be used to determine whether or not you meet the basic qualification requirements for this position. You may wish to consult the vacancy announcement for a description of those requirements.
2. Which of the following statements best describes how you meet the basic educational requirements for this occupation?A. I have a degree in economics that includes at least 21 semester hours in economics and 3 semester hours in statistics, accounting, or calculus.
The following questions will only be used to determine whether or not you meet the minimum qualification requirements for this position. You may wish to consult the vacancy announcement for a description of those requirements.
3. Which of the following statements best describes your experience?A. I have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-14 level with substantial experience in the private and/or public sector in a management role or providing consultative services to businesses; serving as an expert or consultant to senior management officials on the resolution of extremely sensitive and complicated economic issues; applying economic techniques and methodologies to develop new economic guidelines and determine the impact of diverse business investments; evaluating proposed capital projects and investment structures that will create U.S. jobs; and convincingly presenting agency-wide policies and programs, and make recommendations to senior leadership and outside stakeholders.
You must provide the position title(s) and dates of employment referenced in your resume that demonstrates the experience related to your response.
For each item, select the ONE response that most accurately describes your current level of experience using the scale below.
4. Serve as technical expert for interpretation and analysis of observed economic trends, business dynamics, and evaluations and forecasts of economic movements.
5. Evaluate complex economic data from a variety of sources with local, regional and national impact.
6. Develop and apply economic techniques and methodologies to formulate new economic guidelines.
7. Make decisions and recommendations to high-level officials based on extensive economic analysis.
8. Manage the formulation, programming and guidance of projects and programs involving economic issues of great importance and significance.
9. Serve as technical authority in program area, developing assessments and determinations for program operations.
10. Provide recommendations to top-level officials and implement changes to improve programs.
11. Interpret legislation and executive orders as basis for developing program objectives and strategies.
12. Analyze the impact of immigration-related policies and practices on national, state and local governments.
13. Communicate effectively and convincingly with all levels of professional and technical workforce and management to provide economic guidance and recommendations.
14. Establish, develop and maintain effective working relationships inside and outside of the organization.
15. Communicate sensitive or controversial economic-related policies effectively in reports, briefings, and written Congressional testimony.
16. Participate in interagency work groups and respond to inquiries from the general public and high-level government officials.
17. Establish unit goals and individual employee performance goals that are aligned with higher-level organization goals.
18. Ensure employees understand performance expectations and standards, monitor employee performance, and provide regular feedback and guidance.
19. Identify employee training and development needs and advise employees on professional development opportunities.
20. Delegate work responsibilities fairly and effectively and provide follow-up to ensure accountability and completion of assignments within established timeframes.
21. Recognize employee and team accomplishments individually, in public, and to senior leaders.
22. Ensure compliance with all Equal Employment Opportunity policies and principles in staffing decisions.
23. Manage labor and employee relations issues including grievances and discipline.
24. Proactively manage and diffuse interpersonal conflicts to foster a productive working environment.
25. Develop and document new or revised policies and/or standard operating procedures to improve organizational efficiency and effectiveness.
26. Represent the agency at meetings and conferences.
27. As previously explained, your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your ratings. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position/agency.
Please take this opportunity to review your ratings to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you: 1) understand this warning, 2) have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy, and 3) verify that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability.
Failure to agree to this statement will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.