Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we cannot process your application without it.
Please enter your e-mail address in the space provided. If you do not provide an e-mail address you may not receive a notice of your results.
Enter the lowest grade (07) you will accept for this position.
The specialty code(s) for this position is (are):
The location code(s) for this position is (are):
Select the appropriate answer to each of the following questions based on your current level of education and/or experience that demonstrates your ability to perform the duties of this position. When answering the questionnaire, remember that your experience and education are subject to verification by investigation. You may be asked to provide specific examples or documentation of experience or education as proof to support your answers, or you may be required to verify a response by a practical demonstration of your claimed ability to perform a task.
1. Select one (1) statement below that best describes your experience, education, or combination of experience and education to meet the specific qualification requirements for this position at the GS-7 level.A. I have one (1) year of specialized experience equipped with the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform successfully the duties of a Rehabilitation Technician. To be creditable for the GS-7, the experience must have been equivalent to the next lower grade (GS-06) in the Federal service. Specialized experience is experience that involved the observation of and assistance in the application of techniques relating to behavior, capacities, traits, interests, and activities of either humans or, under laboratory conditions, animals. Experience may have been gained in connection with a program of research or direct services in psychology that gave a practical understanding of some of the principles, methods, and techniques of psychology needed to assist professional psychologists.
2. In accordance with 38 U.S.C. 7402(d), No person shall serve in direct patient care positions unless they are proficient in basic written and spoken English. Are you proficient in basic written and spoken English?A. Yes
The following statements pertain to your ability to lead a team of Rehabilitation Technicians.
For each task in the following groups, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. If applying by fax using OPM Form 1203-FX, darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
3. Lead a team distributing workload, monitoring progress, and reviewing and providing instruction regarding the work.
4. Redistribute work as necessary and maintain contact with employees on status and progress of work.
5. Complete spot checks on work to ensure procedures, methods, and deadlines were met.
6. Amend or reject work that doesn't meet established standards.
7. Provide on-the-job training, education, and answer questions related to procedures, policies, directives, and other work guidelines.
The following statements pertain to your ability to conduct newly admitted patient orientation and assist patients in acclimating to domiciliary environment.
8. Observe and interview patients to assess adjustment to rehabilitation program.
9. Observe and assess patient's progress and ability to perform daily living activities, manage their health care, interact appropriately with others, and participate in their treatment program.
10. Report patient's progress or lack of progress to the Treatment Team.
11. Direct and support the patient in efforts to achieve rehabilitation goals.
The following statements pertain to your ability to conduct individual and group education and counseling sessions under the guidance of a professional staff.
12. Communicate with staff, family members, and others interested in the patient's care to resolve problems.
13. Intervene as necessary, to help resolve interpersonal problems that might threaten the welfare of individual patients and the program.
14. Administer drug and alcohol testing and document results in patient's record.
15. Foster patient's personal growth in acceptance, responsibility, increased insight, and developing improved health maintenance.
The following statements pertain to your knowledge of documenting a clinical record. (i.e., treatment goals, medical treatment needs and issues, counseling interaction, discharge planning notes, and referral information.)
16. Report to the Treatment Team pertinent information during treatment team planning meetings.
17. Enter patient admission and bed placement data into an electronic medical record.
18. Document patient's treatment goals, medical treatment needs and issues, counseling interaction, discharge planning notes, and referral information into case files.
The following statements pertain to your ability to perform various health care maintenance assistance and support.
19. Accompany patients to assigned program activities.
20. Prepare recommendations to resolve property utilization issues, utilize the most economical and efficient use of equipment and property, and assure that it is appropriately disposed.
21. Maintain a safe environment for patients.
22. Inspect living areas and surroundings to ensure compliance with health, safety and security policies.
23. Respond to emergencies and assume temporary control of situations securing the patient safety and the environment.
Certification of Understanding - RESPONSE TO THIS STATEMENT IS MANDATORY. Please note, if you do not answer this question, it will result in not being considered for this position.
24. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.A. Yes, I certify that the information provided in this questionnaire is true, correct and provided in good faith, and I understand the information provided above.
Resume Reminder - Your resume must include the following information for each job listed:
Duties (be as detailed as possible)
Month & year start/end dates (e.g. June 2007 to April 2008)
Full-time or part-time status (include hours worked per week)
Please be aware that your answers will be verified against information provided on your resume. Be sure that your resume clearly supports your responses to all of the questions by addressing your work experience in detail.
RECOMMENDED: Even though we do not require a specific resume format, your resume must be clear so that we are able to fully evaluate your qualifications. To ensure you receive appropriate consideration, please list the duties you performed under each individual job title. If we are unable to match your experiences with the positions held, you may lose consideration for this vacancy. We cannot make assumptions regarding your qualifications.
Transcript Reminder - If you are attempting to qualify based on education (or a combination of education and experience) you must submit a copy of your transcripts with your application.
VETERAN'S PREFERENCE DOCUMENTATION REMINDER - In order to receive appropriate consideration, you should submit proper documentation if you are claiming eligibility for veteran's preference, which includes a copy of your DD-214 (member copy 4 or earlier version that shows character of service). Applicant's claiming 10-Point preference should also submit an SF-15, Application for 10-Point Veteran's Preference along with the required documentation listed on the form (such as verification of service-connected disability percentage).