1. Please choose the response that best describes your level of experience as it relates to the work of an Emergency Management Analyst at the GS-12 level.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience at the GS-11 level or greater (or equivalent in other pay systems) that provided me with the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform successfully the duties of this position. This specialized experience should include: (1) collaborating in studies of management or administrative programs to improve preparedness/readiness program activities; (2) researching sensitive issues, such as operational readiness; (3) compiling data into reports, and developing SOPs, plans and instructions; (4) briefing management on a variety of confidential matters pertaining to administrative operations.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had the education, training, or experience in performing this task.
2. Assist in coordinating and monitoring organizational actions in support of Continuity of Operations (COOP).
3. Brief and train others regarding emergency management programs.
4. Develop internal procedures, guidelines and briefings regarding emergency management programs.
5. Provide administrative and technical guidance related to the principles, concepts, policies and directives of the emergency management program.
6. Perform Watch Officer functions, such as monitoring domestic and world situations, and local operational and preparedness capability.
7. Research and analyze regulatory and police reference materials to develop recommendations and solutions.
8. Develop local processes, procedures, handbooks, decisions papers, etc. for emergency management programs.
9. Coordinate with other site staff to determine and report the overall operational readiness of an organization/department.
10. Provide advice and guidance on a broad array of issues requiring organizational input or support within the organization.
11. Conduct and present briefings on internal procedures, guidelines, orientations, and customer service to support the organization.
12. Develop briefings to explain the response, recovery and mitigation and/or preparedness programs.
13. Exchange information, obtain facts and review documents with Watch Officers from other organizations.
14. Respond to inquiries and requests for information or action from the various sources.
15. Develop handbooks/guidelines for the execution of agency policies and processes in operation centers.
16. Research and develop timely written replies to requests for information.
17. Ensure that intelligence, incident reports and communiqués are logged and forwarded to appropriate personnel.
18. Prepare reports with accurate information and correct style, format, grammar, and spelling.
19. Develop and publish Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), plans, detailed instructions, meeting documentation, and lesson learned critiques.
20. I certify that all of my responses to this questionnaire are true and accurate. I accept that if my supporting documentation and/or later steps in the selection process do not support one or more of my responses to the questionnaire that my application may be rated lower and/or I may be removed from further consideration. (Note: Failure to certify will render you ineligible for consideration.)A. Yes