1. From the following descriptions, please select the one (1) statement that best describes your experience that qualifies you for the Human Resources Specialist (Payroll/Processing), GS-9 position.A. I possess one (1) year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-7 level in the Federal service. Specialized experience is experience which is directly related to the line of work of the position to be filled and which has equipped the applicant with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position, for example: experience processing payroll/personnel actions through an automated system; review of leave errors; generating personnel data reports.
2. From the following descriptions, please select the one (1) statement that best describes your experience that qualifies you for the Human Resources Specialist (Payroll/Processing), GS-11 position.A. I possess one (1) year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-9 level in the Federal service. Specialized experience is experience which is directly related to the line of work of the position to be filled and which has equipped the applicant with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position, for example: experience correcting payroll/personnel suspense actions through an automated system; act as employee liaison in regard to payroll issues; coordinating T&A audits; analyzing personnel data reports.
3. I am proficient in the use of the National Finance Center client systems and database.A. Yes
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item:
4. Monitor payroll/personnel actions through the use of an automated system.
5. Manage multiple service areas for time an attendance.
6. Perform time and attendance audits and recommending solutions in cases of error.
7. Perform pay calculations for promotions, demotions, retained pay, and retention incentives.
8. Serve as a consultant to the customer regarding pay administration issues and concerns.
9. Inform employees of system changes that directly affect them.
10. Utilize laws and regulations to ensure proper processing of payroll/personnel actions.
11. Analyze data retrieved through reports.
12. Apply pay administration laws and regulations in setting salary rates for new appointees and employees making position changes.
13. Reference pay administration regulations and flexibilities to advise managers of the law and of options available.
14. Correct payroll/personnel action errors through correspondence with external payroll provider.
15. Coordinate with others in an effort to correct problems.
16. Advise on agency policy to management and staff.
17. Conduct surveys with staff to assess training needs.
18. Recommend changes based on survey results.
19. Compose internal guides regarding the use of payroll/personnel systems.
20. Utilize EPIC system for processing payroll/personnel documents.
21. Retrieve data through NFC FOCUS/BATCHFOC systems.
22. Retrieve data through NFC Reporting Center.
23. Process time and attendance data through STAR.
24. Request special processing through NFC SPPS system.
25. I am eligible under a Special Hiring Authority for non-competitive appointment based on one of the following selections. (If you select this option, you must indicate the type of special appointment you are seeking on your application and provide appropriate documentation supporting your eligibility).A. Authorized for persons who are severely disabled, such as certain veterans
26. As noted in the vacancy announcement, your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position/agency during the probation period. Please take this opportunity to review your ratings to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you:
* Understand this warning;
*Have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy; and
*Verify that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability.
Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for this position.