Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 13.
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Choose 001 Merit Promotion if you have not held a permanent position at the grade level(s) posted in this vacancy announcement.
Choose 002 - Reassignment or Non-Competitive Promotion if on a permanent basis, you currently hold or have previously held a position at the grade level(s) posted on this vacancy announcement and the position had promotion potential to the GS-13 grade level or above.
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
Please answer yes or no to statement one. Your response will determine if you are qualified for the GS-0696-13, Supervisory Consumer Safety Officer position.
1. I have at least one year of specialized experience that has equipped me with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position. This experience is related to the work of the position and equivalent to at least the GS-12 level in the Federal service as described in the vacancy announcement.A. Yes
2. From the description below, select the one which best describes your education and/or experience and meets the basic qualification requirements for GS-0696, Consumer Safety Officer.A. I have a degree that included at least 30 semester hours in one or a combination of the following: biological sciences, chemistry, pharmacy, physical sciences, food technology, nutrition, medical science, engineering, epidemiology, veterinary medical science, or related scientific fields that provided knowledge directly related to consumer safety officer work. The 30 semester hours can include up to 8 semester hours in statistics, or course work that included the principles, theory, or practical application of computers or computer programming.
Please answer yes or no to the statement below. Your response will determine if you meet the time-in-grade requirement for this position.
3. I have 52 weeks at the GS-12 grade level or above in the Federal Service within 30 days of the closing date of the announcement.A. Yes
Your response to the statement below will determine if you meet the area of consideration.
4. I am a current employee of the Food and Drug Administration, Office of Regulatory Affairs.A. Yes
Your response to the statement below will determine if you are eligible for non-competitive referral.
5. Please select the appropriate response from the list below.A. I am currently serving in a permanent position at the GS-13 grade level or above in the Federal Service.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.
Note: Submission of this electronic questionnaire is certification that all responses are true to the best of your knowledge. Materially false, fictitious, or fraudulent statements or representations are subject to disciplinary action.
6. Directs and provides leadership of a program segment or organizational unit performing technical, investigative, and professional oversight on product/regulatory issues that are usually legally/scientifically difficult and sensitive.
7. Decides methodologies to use in achieving goals and objectives and in determining other management strategies.
8. Utilize assigned resources providing leadership, guidance and technical direction necessary to ensure effective accomplishments of the project, program segment(s) or organizational unit(s).
9. Develop and interpret established operating policies and procedures in order to formulate and recommend plans, establish goals, leadership, guidance, program strategies and technical accomplishments.
10. Oversees the development of technical data, estimates, statistics, suggestions, and other information useful to higher level managers in determining goals and objectives.
11. Execute the administrative and personnel management responsibilities to ensure the mission assigned is accomplished.
12. Responsible for the technical and administrative supervision of all unit employees which includes planning, assigning, reviewing and evaluating work and performance of those employees and establishing guidelines and performance expectations.
13. Adjusts staffing levels or work procedures within the organizational unit to accommodate resource allocation decisions made at higher echelons.
14. Address and resolve personnel issues as necessary to accomplish mission.
15. Develop and maintain effective communication with regulated industry, other Federal agencies, State, local and foreign governments, industry and professional organizations, public interest groups and the general public.
16. Assigns work to subordinates, evaluates performance and gives advice, counsel or instruction to employees on both work and administrative manners.
17. Participates in conferences, meetings, hearings or presentations involving problems or issues of considerable consequences or importance to program or program segment(s) managed.
18. Develops work improvement plans, recommending personnel action as necessary.
19. Justifies, defends or negotiates in representing the project, program segment(s) or organizational units directed in obtaining or committing resources and in gaining compliance with established policies, regulations, and/or contracts.
20. Develops and implements team-building techniques.