Read the definitions below to determine what options you are eligible to apply. Please check all that apply (you must select at least one to receive consideration).
001 All U.S. Citizens
THE RESUME YOU SUBMIT FOR THIS ANNOUNCEMENT MUST SUPPORT THE ANSWER YOU CLAIM UNDER THIS AND OTHER QUESTIONS. IF NOT, YOU WILL BE FOUND NOT QUALIFIED OR YOUR SCORE WILL BE LOWERED.
1. Please indicate the level of experience that qualifies you for a GS-301-12 Preparedness Analysis and Planning Specialist.A. I have at least one (1) year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-11 in federal service in a position conducting program application of the National Preparedness and FEMA missions within state, territorial, and local jurisdictions using basic planning and analytical capabilities and working in the Insular areas of the Pacific while dealing with a wide range of cultural differences.
2. Please indicate the level of experience that qualifies you for a GS-301-13 Preparedness Analysis and Planning Specialist.A. I have at least one (1) year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 in federal service in a position independently implementing program application of the National Preparedness and FEMA missions within state, territorial, and local jurisdictions using basic planning and analytical capabilities working in the Insular areas of the Pacific while dealing with a wide range of cultural differences.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item. Be sure to describe the experience that supports your responses to the task statements below in your resume. It is important that your application package submitted, including a resume or application form, clearly shows how you possess the experience and skills levels you claim in this questionnaire. Each of your responses must be clearly supported by your education, training, and/or specific work experience you describe in your resume submitted for this position. If not, your score will be lowered or you will be found not qualified. The information you provide will be verified. Any exaggeration of your experience, false statements, or attempts to conceal information may be grounds for rating you ineligible, not hiring you, or firing you after you begin work.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
3. Understanding of the range of evaluation methods and strategies applicable to an emergency preparedness environment.
4. Performing study work and work to accept and implement recommendations, where the proposals involve agency resources, require changes in established procedure, or may be in conflict with the desires of the activity studies.
5. Planning, scheduling, and conducting projects and studies to evaluate preparedness programs and recommending ways to improve their effectiveness and efficiency to enhance capabilities.
6. Collecting and analyzing operational and preparedness capabilities, as well as risk factors unique to the region.
7. Planning, scheduling, and conducting projects and studies to evaluate operational plans and recommending ways to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of operations.
8. Supporting the development of preparedness and/or operational plans.
9. Planning, organizing or providing technical assistance or guidance on the development of preparedness and/or operational plans, including how such plans should implement applicable law, regulations, policies, or strategic guidance.
10. Reviewing and commenting on plans for preparedness or response operations to ensure that legal, policy, or operational requirements are met.
11. Reviewing, interpreting and commenting on regulations, strategies, policies, and directives; and formulating recommendations or plans to implement such guidance.
12. Managing and administering controversial and complex projects, assignments, and/or studies simultaneously adhering to deadlines and priorities.
13. Representing team with senior management in planning, formulating and implementing comprehensive support programs for an organization or agency.
14. Coordinating and evaluating the daily operations of an organizational unit.
15. Planning, implementing, and coordinating broad and complicated administrative and/or technical support functions to ensure that responsibly, reliable and effective service are provided; and providing instructions and recommendations for use indecision-making processes.
16. Working effectively with peers from other offices/division/jurisdictions.
17. Serving as a Team leader, project manager, or facilitator or work, setting and adjusting work schedules, supporting a team in work products, and reviewing and providing feedback on completed tasks or products.
18. Directing or facilitating major projects, assignments, and/or studies.
19. Knowledge of various laws, regulations and policies related to: the Stafford Act, National Response Framework, National Preparedness Guidelines, National Incident Management System, National Infrastructure protection Plan, Information Sharing Environment, etc in order to accurately complete work assignments.
20. Researching and applying capability-based planning and/or operational planning doctrine and methodologies.
21. Researching and applying various laws and regulations related to Federal emergency management and new preparedness programs recently transferred to FEMA pursuant to the Post-Katrina Emergency Management Reform Act, and enhancements of regional capabilities to implement the National Strategy for Homeland Security, Homeland Security Presidential Directives.