Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 13.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your education and/or experience and meets the Basic Qualification Requirements for Research Physical Scientist, GS-1301-13.
2. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience and meets the Additional Qualification Requirements for Research Physical Scientist, GS-1301-13.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
3. Apply quantitative methods of earthquake seismology to analyze rock mass deformation processes.
4. Use geophysical measurements to develop seismic velocity models to locate seismic events.
5. Perform seismic-source characterization and site-response analyses to quantify seismic hazard.
6. Investigate state-of-the-art knowledge and methods associated with dynamic rock mass failures to identify research needs and develop innovative studies.
7. Develop innovative research protocols associated with dynamic rock mass failures to provide definitive answers to complex scientific questions of national and international importance.
8. Operate as a principal investigator of specific projects to execute the research protocols to achieve the designed objectives.
9. Assist in planning, developing, and executing a scientific research program of a research team to achieve the goals of the team.
10. Conduct briefings to large audiences of both technical and non-technical groups.
11. Represent the organization on committees and at meetings.
12. Develop and deliver presentations to a wide variety of audiences, including scientific staff, federal, state and local mining program managers.
13. Consult with scientific and research professionals concerning on-going and established studies or other projects.
14. Publish numerous mining-related technical publications in a variety of media, including peer-reviewed journals.
15. Author a number of publications, of which at least some have had a major impact on advancing the field, or are accepted as definitive or important areas of it.
16. Your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy.
If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.
I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.