Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Are you eligible for noncompetitive appointment under a Special Appointing Authority (e.g. Veteran's Recruitment Appointment, present or former Peace Corps personnel, current Postal Service personnel, etc?
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 11.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your education and meets the Basic Qualification requirements for a Nurse Consultant, GS-610-11/12/13.A. I have a degree or diploma from a professional nursing program approved by the legally designated State accrediting agency at the time the program was completed by the applicant.
2. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes the additional requirement of registration that meets the Basic Qualification requirements for a Nurse Consultant, GS-0610-11/12/13.A. I have an active, current registration as a professional nurse in a State, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States. NOTE: An applicant who has graduated from an approved nursing educational program within the past 12 months may be appointed pending State registration as a professional nurse within 6 months of appointment. No person appointed pending registration may be retained beyond 6 months, or promoted, if registration has not been attained.
3. In addition to meeting the basic qualifications, each applicant must also meet the required specialized experience for this position. From the description below, select the statement which best describes your education and/or experience for the Nurse Consultant, GS-0610-11.A. I have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-09 grade level in the Federal service providing nursing consultation and technical advice both orally and in writing by applying knowledge of the principles and theories of clinical practice and health care services; and evaluating and conducting analyses of clinical programs for improvement.
4. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience for the Nurse, GS-0610-12.A. I have one year of specialized experience which is equivalent to the GS-11 level in the federal service, identifying problems, gathering information, drawing conclusions and recommending solutions; developing and coordinating projects; and providing comprehensive nursing consultation and technical advice both orally and in writing using knowledge of the principles and theories of clinical practice and health care services.
5. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience for the Nurse, GS-0610-13.A. I have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 level in the federal service, reviewing, evaluating and assessing the integrity and quality of clinical aspects of program operations; providing direction in the development and execution of multiple projects; negotiating acceptance and implementation of recommendations; and providing authoritative nursing consultation and technical advice.