Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 13.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience and/or education which meets the Basic Qualification Requirements for Fire Prevention Engineer, GS-0804-13.A. I have successfully completed a full four-year course of study at an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher degree that included a degree in professional engineering. To be acceptable, the curriculum must: 1. Be in a school of engineering with at least one curriculum accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) as a professional engineering curriculum; or 2. Include differential and integral calculus and advanced courses in five of the following seven areas of engineering science or physics: (a) statics, dynamics; (b) strength of materials (stress-strain relationships); (c) fluid mechanics, hydraulics; (d) thermodynamics; (e) electrical fields and circuits; (f) nature and properties of materials (relating particle and aggregate structure to properties); (g) any other comparable area of fundamental engineering science or physics, such as optics, heat transfer, soil mechanics, or electronics.
2. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience and meets the Additional Qualification Requirements for a Fire Protection Engineer, GS-0804-13.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
3. Create effective solutions to difficult occupational safety and health problems to comply with the requirements of the 1977 Federal Coal Mine Safety and Health Act., MSHA (Title 30), the MINER Act of 2006 and MSHA regulations.
4. Collaborate with industry, labor, academia and other government agencies in planning, developing, and implementing mine fire prevention programs for the mining industry.
5. Conduct research to fill a critical gap in the Institute's mining research program in the area of mine fires.
6. Investigate state-of-the-art knowledge and methods associated with mine fires to identify research needs and develop innovative studies.
7. Develop innovative research protocols associated with mine fires to provide definitive answers to complex scientific questions of national and international importance.
8. Operate as a principal investigator of specific projects to execute the research protocols to achieve the designed objectives.
9. Assist in planning, developing, and executing a scientific research program of a research team to achieve the goals of the team.
10. Execute appropriate experimental studies, including budgets and plans for the efficient use of personnel and equipment in the pursuit of research goals.
11. Represent the organization in stakeholder committees, professional societies and at technical meetings.
12. Develop and deliver presentations to a wide variety of audiences, including scientific staff, federal, state and local occupational safety and health program managers.
13. Author of numerous mining-related technical publications published in a variety of media, including peer-reviewed journals.
14. Your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy.
If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.
I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.