Please choose the answers below that best describe your employment and experience. Note: "Target grade" is the highest grade included in this announcement. Current federal employees: to determine if you are on an Excepted Service appointment, look at block 34 of your latest SF-50.
1. If you are a permanent employee of the facility in which this vacancy is offered, choose one of the statements below. Otherwise, choose E.A. I have not held the target grade of this vacancy, or a grade higher than the target grade, on a permanent basis. AND I am currently in a career or career/conditional appointment.
2. If you are a permanent VA employee, choose one of the statements below. Otherwise, choose E. Note: If you are a facility employee, choose the same answer you gave to Question 1.A. I have not held the target grade of this vacancy, or a grade higher than the target grade, on a permanent basis. AND I am currently in a career or career/conditional appointment.
3. If you currently are a permanent employee of another federal agency (NOT VA), choose one of the statements below. Otherwise, choose E..A. I have not held the target grade of this vacancy, or a grade higher than the target grade, on a permanent basis. AND I am currently in a career or career/conditional appointment.
4. If you are a FORMER federal employee with reinstatement eligibility AND you are not a current federal employee, choose one of the statements below. To be eligible for reinstatement, you must have been served in a career appointment, or served in a career-conditional appointment within the past three years. The three-year limit does not apply if you have Veterans Preference.A. I have not held the target grade of the vacancy, or a grade higher than the target grade, on a permanent basis.
5. Are you a 30% OR MORE COMPENSABLY DISABLED VETERAN? To be eligible, you must have retired from active military service with a service-connected disability rating of 30% or more, OR have a rating by the Department of Veterans Affairs showing a compensable service-connected disability of 30% or more.A. Yes.
6. Are you a VETERANS RECRUITMENT ACT (VRA) APPOINTMENT? (You can only choose this answer for vacancies announced at or below the GS-11 grade level or an equivalent grade.) To be eligible, you must have been separated under honorable conditions (this means an honorable or general discharge). Also, you must be: a disabled Veteran; OR a Veteran who served on active duty in the Armed Forces during a war, or in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge has been authorized (you must have received the campaign badge or medal); OR a Veteran who, while serving on active duty in the Armed Forces, participated in a United States military operation for which you received an Armed Forces Service Medal; OR a recently separated Veteran (separated within the past three years).A. Yes.
7. Are you eligible for a VETERANS EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY ACT (VEOA) APPOINTMENT? This means that you have Veteran Preference or you are a Veteran separated after substantially completing at least 3 years of continuous active duty service performed under honorable conditions (this means an honorable or general discharge).A. Yes.
8. Are you eligible for some other NONCOMPETITIVE APPOINTMENT? This includes appointment based on an interchange agreement, severe disability, eligibility of some military spouses, or similar authorities. Please visit http://www.opm.gov/hr_practitioners/lawsregulations/appointingauthorities/index.asp to see information about interchange agreements and other noncompetitive appointments. MILITARY SPOUSES: please visit http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/shams/index.aspx for more information about appointment eligibility.A. Yes.
If you chose A, please tell us the type of appointment for which you are eligible (for example, military spouse eligible).
9. VERIFICATION STATEMENT: Your rating is subject to verification based on the résumé, narratives and other relevant documents you submit, and through verification of references as appropriate. Deliberate attempts to falsify information are grounds for non-selection and for termination. In addition, falsifying information on your application can result in your being barred from federal employment. Please choose A to certify that your answers are accurate and complete.A. I certify that my answers are accurate and complete.
Select the appropriate answer to each of the following questions based on your current level of education and/or experience that demonstrates your ability to perform the duties of this position. When answering the questionnaire, remember that your experience and education are subject to verification by investigation. You may be asked to provide specific examples or documentation of experience or education as proof to support your answers, or you may be required to verify a response by a practical demonstration of your claimed ability to perform a task.
In accordance with 38 U.S.C. 7402(d), no person shall serve in direct patient care positions unless they are proficient in basic written and spoken English. You must be proficient in basic written and spoken English in order to perform the duties of this position.
1. Are you proficient in basic written and spoken English?A. Yes
The following questions pertain to your licensure and/or certification. Note: The Psychologist must hold a full, current, and unrestricted license to practice psychology at the doctoral level in a State, Territory, Commonwealth of the United States, or the District of Columbia
2. Are you licensed or certified by a state to practice psychology at the doctoral level?A. Yes
Licensure requirement may be waived by the Secretary of the Department of Veterans Affairs for a period not to exceed two (2) years from the date of employment on the condition that the psychologist provide care only under the supervision of a licensed psychologist.
3. Are you a non-licensed psychologist and meet the eligibility requirements as stated above?A. Yes
The following questions pertain to your degree in Psychology and psychology internship training program. You must have a doctoral degree in psychology from a graduate program in psychology accredited by the American Psychological Association (APA). AND have successfully completed a professional psychology internship training program that has been accredited by APA.
4. Which of the following best describes your doctoral education?A. I possess a doctoral degree in psychology from a graduate program in psychology accredited by the American Psychological Association (APA). The program was accredited at the time I completed the requirements for my degree. The specialty area of the degree is consistent with the assignment for which I am applying.
5. Which of the following best describes your internship status?A. I have completed a professional psychology internship that was accredited by the APA at the time I completed the internship.
The following questions pertain to your experience. In additional to meeting the basic requirement, you must also have experience that was obtained through employment as a psychologist or through participating in a supervised post-doctoral psychology training program that demonstrates 1) active professional practice that was paid/non-paid employment and/or 2) a full, current and unrestricted license. To be creditable, the experience must have required the use of knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics associated with current psychology practice and must also have been at the level comparable to professional psychology experience at the next lower grade. This experience is only creditable if it is post-doctoral degree experience as a professional psychologist directly related to the duties performed. Please select the response that best describes your level of experience. You may only select one response.
6. Select the response that best describes your level of experience.A. I am currently an intern, and within the next four months I will possess the equivalent of at least one year of experience gained through a professional psychology internship accredited by the APA.
7. Do you have training or experience in treating substance abuse disorders with evidence-based individual and group therapy interventions with the adult population.A. Yes
Certification of Understanding - Select the appropriate answer to the statement below. Failure to provide an answer will result in your not being considered for this position.
8. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled; I may be denied an appointment; or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated and that responding "No" or providing no response to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.A. Yes, I understand the information provided above and certify that the information provided in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS REMINDER- In order to receive full consideration for the position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
• VA Form 10-2850c - Application for Associated Health Occupations
• CV or Resume
• Proof of current certification, licensure or registration
VETERAN'S PREFERENCE DOCUMENTATION REMINDER-You must submit proper documentation if you are claiming eligibility for veteran's preference, which includes a copy of your DD-214 (member copy 4 or earlier version that shows character of service). Applicant's claiming 10-Point preference must also submit an SF-15, Application for 10-Point Veteran's Preference along with the required documentation listed on the form (such as verification of service-connected disability percentage).
For more information on the Veteran's Preference, go to www.opm.gov/veterans
Top of Form
Bottom of Form