1. Are you submitting Form BIA-4432, Verification of Indian Preference for Employment, to claim Indian Preference? Note: You must upload a copy of your Form BIA-4432, otherwise credit will not be given.A. Yes
2. Are you a current status employee or were you a former employee with Reinstatement eligibility and you are submitting a copy of your most recent SF50-B, Notification of Personnel Action? Note: You must upload a copy of your most recent SF 50-B to verify status, otherwise credit will not be given.A. Yes
3. Are you claiming Veteran's preference and submitting a DD-214 Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, with the required documents to verify Veterans Preference? Note: You must upload your supporting documentation; otherwise credit will not be given. To determine if you are eligible, please go to the following website: http://www.usajobs.gov/EI3.aspA. Yes
4. Do you possess a valid state drivers license which you have held for at least two years preceding this application?A. Yes
5. Are you willing to undergo a comprehensive background investigation which includes, but is not limited to, contact with all references, employers, co-workers, personal associates and a review of your driving record, credit history, criminal history, and military service?A. Yes
6. I certify that my response to the above questions is subject to Federal penalty of perjury, which is punishable by fine or imprisonment, and that I have received notice that a criminal history records check will be conducted and is a condition of employment. I understand my right to obtain a copy of any criminal history report made available to the BIE and my rights to challenge the accuracy and completeness of any information contained in the report.A. Yes
Basic Education Requirement: Individual Occupational Requirements for the General Education and Training Series, 1701.
7. From the descriptions below, select the letter that describes the education you may have that demonstrates that you meet the basic requirements for the Instructor (Mathematics), GS-1701, position.A. I possess a Degree that included or was supplemented by major study in Education (Mathematics) which includes but not limited to classes in the areas of Developmental Mathematics, College Algebra, College Trigonometry and Calculus.
In addition to the Basic Education Requirements listed above, you must also meet the following Experience Requirements for the Instructor (Mathematics) position.
8. Please choose from response below that best indicates how you meet the minimum qualification for the GS-11 Instructor (Mathematics) position.A. I possess one year of specialized work experience at the GS-09 level performing duties such as a fulltime Mathematics Instructor in a college or equivalent education institution developing, researching, preparing and administering course syllabi and materials, labs and activities; delivering lectures and presentations for Education (Mathematics) courses in a college or university. Develop interdisciplinary instructional materials to enhance the student's education. Served on or chaired committees which dealt with issues such as curriculum (all subject areas), goals and objectives, assessment, testing, staff selection, policy, faculty governance or negotiations.
Indicate your level of experience, education, and/or training as it relates to your ability to help others learn through formal or informal methods; identify training needs; provide constructive feedback; coach others on how to perform tasks; act as a mentor. Select only one letter for each task.A- I have not had education, training, or experience in performing this task.
9. Provide instruction in college level Mathematics to a student body.
10. Create detailed curriculum plans for study to include objectives; activities; time estimates; required materials, alternatives and assessments for college level Mathematics courses in a college or university setting.
11. Review disciplinary standards and texts for college level instruction and supplemental materials to identify what concepts must be covered and learned.
12. Develop assessments or test items to measure the required skills and evaluate student proficiency.
13. Use an automated system to maintain statistical reports, complete assessment activities, to manage academic records, attendance, record grades, and follow through on other recordkeeping tasks.
14. Create and/or gather required items, made handouts, overheads, lecture notes, manipulatives etc.
15. Manage student conduct by enforcing a classroom management policy combined with posted discipline policies.
16. Provide academic guidance and counseling as college or university faculty advisor to students on developing course schedules and offered advice on student choices of general education courses and electives.
Indicate your level of experience, education, and/or training as it relates to your ability to organize work, set priorities, determine resource requirements; determine short or long term goals and strategies to achieve them; monitor progress, and evaluate outcomes.
17. Research internal disciplinary standards and those at other colleges and universities to determine what concepts to cover in the semester.
18. Determine what method(s) to use for teaching the content of lesson, such as independent reading, lecture or whole group discussion.
19. Monitor programs, projects and activities to track progress.
20. Meet with students to study, discuss, verify and sign advisee's registration forms.
21. Determine the priority of work to be accomplished to meet organizational deadlines.
22. Present subject material to students, including verbal clues, effective wait time and authentic praise.
23. Search for and extract data from files, documents, reports, publications, recordings or other materials to be used in reports or presentations to management.
Indicate your level of experience, education, and/or training as it relates to your knowledge of teaching, training, research, making presentations, lecturing, testing and other instructional methods of upper level college Mathematics courses.
24. Select supplemental instructional aids and materials for college level.
25. Conduct classroom learning activities, including but not limited to lectures, activities and exercises, audio-visual media, technology, field trips and exchanges, group discussions or other appropriate measures to stimulate attention and interest for college level instruction.
26. Develop presentations that were both engaging and informative.
27. Develop and recommend the content and priorities for learning.
28. Assemble and select appropriate learning methods and resources that develop the trainee's competence, critical thinking and self awareness.
29. Provide an environment to reinforce learning.
30. Develop criteria for testing, assignments, and other instruments to evaluate student proficiency.
Indicate your level of experience, education, and/or training as it relates to your interpersonal skills in teaching challenging content and overcoming student anxiety related to Mathematics.
31. Communicate the results of testing instruments to students through electronic and written grade/progress reports.
32. Provide students with information concerning alternatives, limitations, and possible outcomes of academic choices.
33. Provide campus resources according to individual needs.
34. Encourage students to review their academic progress regularly searching for possible conflicts or omissions.
35. Participate in advisory committees, curriculum committees and accreditation committees.
36. Contact others orally to obtain information.
37. Respond orally to inquiries or requests for information.
38. Develop and maintain effective relationships with others to complete daily tasks.
39. Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position. For each task listed below, choose the letter that best describes your answer.A. Yes, I verify that all of my responses to this questionnaire are true and accurate. I accept that if my supporting documentation and/or later steps in the selection process do not support one or more of my responses to the questionnaire that my application may be rated lower and/or I may be removed from further consideration.