The assessment part of the questionnaire includes questions to identify basic requirements, minimum qualifications, and KSAs (knowledge, skills and abilities) related to this position.
BASIC REQUIREMENTS: The following section is used to determine your eligibility for this vacancy. Please answer A ("Yes") or B("No") to each question below.A- Yes.
1. I am a citizen of the United States.
2. I am proficient in spoken and written English. [To be appointed under authority of 38 U.S.C., chapter 73 or 74, serving in a direct patient-care capacity in VHA, applicants must be proficient in written and spoken English.]
3. I am licensed or certified as a psychologist in a State. [This requirement may be waived for an individual psychologist for a period not to exceed 2 years on the condition that the person will provide patient care only under the direct supervision of a licensed or certified psychologist.]
Please identify the state in which you are licensed, and the year of licensure.
4. I hold a doctoral degree in Psychology from a college or university approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs, [Note: Approved doctoral programs are those from an accredited college or university whose curriculum psychology is approved by the American Psychological Association (APA). Completed study in a specialty area of psychology means completion of a full curriculum in counseling psychology, not just incidental courses in these areas as part of a program of study in a specialty area unrelated to the position for which being considered. The specialty area of the degree must be counseling psychology. Please remember that a copy of your transcript must be submitted with your application.]
5. I completed an acceptable internship in psychology, which was accredited by the American Psychological Association (APA). [An acceptable internship consists of an organized training program, in contrast to supervised experience or on-the-job training. The internship was designed to provide the intern with a planned, programmed sequence of training experiences with the primary purpose to assure breadth and quality of training. Such internships may be gained in VA training programs which meet APA internship requirements or in other health service settings whose internships are accredited by the APA. Internships normally consist of 1 year of training under a licensed psychologist in an organization with sufficient staff and varied programs to provide the required breadth and quality of training. The sponsoring organization should provide a written statement or brochure describing the goals and content of the internship with clear expectations for the quantity and quality of the trainee's work. NOTE: Prior to 1956 the APA did not accredit internships, but did accredit doctoral programs. Therefore, a pre-1956 graduate of an APA approved doctoral program in an appropriate psychology specialty, whose internship was acceptable to the degree granting school, meets the internship requirements of this standard.]
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: This section includes questions about the qualifications for this vacancy. Please choose A (Yes) or B (No) in response to the following questions.A- Yes.
6. GS-13 QUALIFICATIONS: Two years of postdoctoral experience appropriate to clinical psychology. The experience must have been gained in a professional program concerned with health, rehabilitation, or vocational restoration and must have demonstrated supervisory abilities.
VETERANS PREFERENCE - Veterans who served on active duty in the U.S. Armed Forces and were separated under honorable conditions may be eligible for veterans' preference. For service after October 15, 1976, the veteran must have received a Campaign Badge, Expeditionary Medal, a service connected disability, or have served during the Gulf War between August 2, 1990 and January 2, 1992 or for more than 180 consecutive days, other than training, any part of which occurred during the period beginning September 11, 2001, and ending on the date prescribed by Presidential proclamation or by law as the last day of Operation Iraqi Freedom. To claim veterans' preference, veterans should be ready to provide a copy of their DD-214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, or other proof. Veterans with service connected disability and others claiming "10 point preference" will need to submit Form SF-15, Application for 10-point Veterans' Preference.
7. Please choose the ONE statement below that applies to you.A. I am eligible for tentative ("5-point") preference.