Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
The Vacancy Identification Number is: 895794
FORESTRY TECHNICIAN (FIRE), GS-0462-04
Please answer the following Employment Availability Questions by selecting either Yes or No.
Enter the lowest grade level (04-04) you will accept.
The occupational specialty will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one occupational specialty code for this position. The specialty code for this position is:
The geographic location code will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are intrested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
WARNING STATEMENT: Do not overstate or understate your level of experience and demonstrated capability. You should be aware that your ratings are subject to evaluation and verification based on the résumé, and other relevant documents you submit, as well as through verification of references as appropriate. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your stated level of experience and demonstrated capability. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position following acceptance.
1. Are you claiming Indian Preference and submitting Form BIA-4432, Verification of Indian Preference for Employment?A. Yes.
2. Are you claiming Veterans Preference and submitting a DD-214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty?A. Yes.
3. Are you current status employee or a former employee with Reinstatement eligibility and you submitting your most recent SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action?A. Yes.
The incumbent must possess a valid state Driver's License. If you answer "YES", please submit a copy of your current Valid Driver's License with your application.
4. Do you possess a valid Driver's License?A. Yes, I certify that I possess a valid Driver's License.
5. Carefully read the following descriptions of experience and education. Select the one that best describes your qualifications for the GS-04 Forestry Technician (Fire) level. Make sure your resume supports your response that you select. If qualifying based on education, submit a copy of your college or university transcript(s).A. I have 6 months of general experience in performing a variety of routine tasks in the suppression of wildland fires and using a variety of hand and power tools and equipment AND 6 months of specialized experience. Examples of qualifying experience include forestry aid or technician work; engineering, range, or soil conservation technician work that involved the application of cultural, resource conservation, or land management practices on non-forest or ranch lands when combined with knowledge of forestry operations and equipment; farming or ranching work that involved application of cultural, soil, and water conservation practices, including safety and use of equipment, and that provided a basic understanding of land use; or forest or range fire control, prevention, or suppression work.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
6. Performed suppression tactics on wildland fires.
7. Served as a crewmember on an engine, helitack or handcrew.
8. Communicates effectively with fireline personnel using accepted fireline terminology.
9. Performed line construction activities using a variety of tools.
10. Constructed simple and progressive hose lays to support suppression or holding operations.
11. Participates in burning or holding operations on prescribed fires.
12. Implements suppression tactics based on current and expected fire behavior.
13. Collected weather data on fire assignments in order to make fire behavior calculations.
14. Completed training in fire safety.
15. Conducted fire or safety training as an instructor or demonstrator.
16. Completed training in basic first aid procedures sufficient to be a first responder.
17. Recognizes unsafe practices and conditions and implements appropriate mitigation.
18. Performed assignments that involved wildland-urban interface situations.
19. Provide leadership in safe and proper fire engine operations and maintenance.
20. Direct personnel during prescribed fire operations.
21. Lead fire crews in initial attack of wild land fires.
22. Serve as senior wildland firefighter on helitack crew.
23. Direct crews in collecting fuels samples to determine fuel moistures or loading.
24. Performed wildland fire duties using axes, shovels, Pulaskis, McLeods, and power tools such as chainsaws.
25. Constructed fireline using a variety of tools.
26. Maintains firefighting tools and equipment.
27. Performed work, such as road and trail maintenance and habitat manipulation.
28. Operate four wheel drive pickup trucks.
29. Operate a fire engine.
30. Operate the pump on a fire engine and making hose lays.
31. Operate pickup trucks or fire engines in rough and unsteady terrain in adverse weather conditions.
32. Conducts preflight passenger briefing.
33. Manifests passengers.
34. Calculates allowable helicopter payloads.
35. Constructs sling loads.
VERIFICATION STATEMENT: As previously explained, your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your ratings. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position/agency during the probation period. Please take this opportunity to review your ratings to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you: 1) understand this warning; 2) have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy, and; 3) verify that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability.
36. Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.A. Yes, I verify that all of my responses to this questionnaire are true and accurate. I accept that if my supporting documentation and/or later steps in the selection process do not support one or more of my responses to the questionnaire that my application may be rated lower and/or I may be removed from further consideration.
NOTE: It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information entered, uploaded, or faxed (i.e., resume, veterans or Indian preference documentation, assessment questions and answers, and SF 50s) is received and is accurate.