You must be a U.S. Citizen or U.S Naturalized Citizen to be considered for this position. (Noncitizens may be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with chapter 3, section A, paragraph 3g, this part.)
1. Are you a U.S. Citizen or U.S. Naturalized Citizen?A. Yes
The following questions pertain to your degree in Psychology. You must have a doctoral degree in psychology from a graduate program in psychology accredited by the American Psychological Association (APA).
2. Do you have a doctoral degree in psychology from a graduate program in psychology accredited by the APA?A. Yes
The following questions pertain to your internship training program in psychology. You must have successfully completed a professional psychology internship training program that has been accredited by APA.
3. Did you complete a psychology internship, which met the APA internship requirements?A. Yes
The following questions pertain to your licensure and/or certification.
4. I possess a current full and unrestricted license or certified at the doctoral level as a Psychologist in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.A. Yes
Licensure requirement may be waived by the Secretary of the Department of Veterans Affairs for a period not to exceed two (2) years from the date of employment on the condition that the psychologist has completed an APA approved doctorate degree and internship program in psychology. In addition, the psychologist can only provide care under the supervision of a licensed psychologist. (Incumbents will be boarded at a lower grade level until the license as a psychologist is obtained)
5. Are you a non-licensed psychologist and meet the eligibility requirements as stated above?A. Yes
Please tell us your level of education and experience. In order to meet the basic requirements, in addition to being a citizen of the United States (US), you must: 1) Have a doctoral degree in psychology from a graduate program in psychology accredited by the American Psychological Association (APA) (the specialty area of the degree must be consistent with the assignment for which the applicant is to be employed), 2) have successfully completed a professional psychology internship training program that has been accredited by APA, and 3) hold a full, current, and unrestricted license to practice psychology at the doctoral level in a State, Territory, Commonwealth of the United States (e.g., Puerto Rico), or the District of Columbia. There is an exception to the licensure which states: “The Secretary may waive the requirement of licensure for an individual psychologist for a period not to exceed 2 years from the date of employment on the condition that such a psychologist provide care only under the supervision of a psychologist who is so licensed. Non-licensed psychologists who otherwise meet the basic requirements may be given a temporary appointment as a graduate psychologist under the authority of 38 U.S.C. § 7405 (a) (1) (D). Failure to obtain licensure during that period is justification for termination of the temporary appointment. This may result in termination of employment.”
6. Do you meet the basic requirements with or without the licensure exception?A. Yes
7. In addition to meeting the basic requirements, do you have at least one year of professional psychologist experience and are you able to demonstrate the following KSAs: 1) Knowledge of, and ability to apply, a wide range of professional psychological theories and assessment methods to a variety of patient populations, 2) ability to develop coherent treatment strategies, and 3) ability to incorporate new clinical procedures?A. Yes
If you answered "yes", please provide a brief statement addressing the three KSAs.
8. In addition to meeting the basic requirements, do you have at least two (2) years of professional psychologist experience, hold a full and current and unrestriced license, and are you able to demonstrate the following KSAs: 1) Knowledge of, and ability to apply, advanced professional psychological theories and techniques to the full range of patient populations, 2) ability to provide professional advice and consultation in areas related to professional psychology and behavioral health, and 3) knowledge of clinical research literature?A. Yes
If you answered "yes" above please provide your license information (state, number, and expiration date) and a brief statement addressing the KSAs.
In accordance with 38 U.S.C. 7402(d), no person shall serve in direct patient care positions unless they are proficient in basic written and spoken English. You must be proficient in basic written and spoken English in order to perform the duties of this position.
9. Are you proficient in basic written and spoken English?A. Yes
A background security investigation must be completed before an applicant can be appointed into a position.
10. Are you willing to undergo a comprehensive background investigation which includes, but is not limited to, contact with all references, employers, co-workers, personal associates, and review of your driving record, credit history, criminal history, and military service?A. Yes
Applicants must undergo a pre-employment medical examination and be medically suitable to perform the essential duties of a physician efficiently and without hazard to themselves and others.
11. Are you willing to undergo a pre-employment medical examination?A. Yes
Prior to appointment or following appointment to a position you may be selected for random drug testing for illegal drug use.
12. Are you willing to undergo random urinalysis drug tests?A. Yes
Certification of Understanding - Select the appropriate answer to the statement below. Failure to provide an answer will result in your not being considered for this position.
Your rating is subject to verification based on the résumé, narratives and other relevant documents you submit, and through verification of references as appropriate.
13. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled; I may be denied an appointment; or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated and that responding "No" or providing no response to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.A. Yes, I understand the information provided above and certify that the information provided in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS REMINDER- In order to receive full consideration for the position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
VETERAN'S PREFERENCE DOCUMENTATION REMINDER-You must submit proper documentation if you are claiming eligibility for veteran's preference, which includes a copy of your DD-214 (member copy 4 or earlier version that shows character of service). Applicant's claiming 10-Point preference must also submit an SF-15, Application for 10-Point Veteran's Preference along with the required documentation listed on the form (such as verification of service-connected disability percentage).
For more information on the Veteran's Preference, go to www.opm.gov/veterans