Your responses to the on-line questionnaire must be supported by your resume. Failure to do so may result in an ineligible rating.
FAILURE TO SELECT A RESPONSE TO THIS QUESTION WILL DEFAULT IN A NEGATIVE RESPONSE, WHICH WILL DISQUALIFY YOU FOR THIS POSITION.
1. There is a residency requirement for all applicants not currently employed by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. This residency requirement states that candidates must have, for three of the last five years immediately prior to applying for this position(s); (1) resided in the United States; OR (2) worked for the United States Government as an employee overseas in a Federal or Military capacity; OR (3) been a dependent of a U.S. Federal or Military employee serving overseas. Do you meet these requirements?
The following questions will only be used to determine whether or not you meet the minimum qualification requirements for this position. You may wish to consult the vacancy announcement for a description of those requirements.
2. Which of the following statements best describes your experience?A. I have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-14 level serving as a program manager or policy expert or legal advisor in Labor and Employee Relations (LER); analyzing, developing, and implementing LER policies, standard operating procedures, and guidance; identifying and proposing alternate LER solutions as they relate to negotiations and arbitrations; developing the future vision of a labor-management and employee relations program; building coalitions among management to support LER goals and programs for an organization.
You must provide the position title(s) and dates of employment referenced in your resume that demonstrates the experience related to your response.
This question requires a response. If you do not respond, your application will be considered incomplete and you will not receive further consideration. Your response must be supported by your resume. Failure to do so may result in an ineligible rating.
3. Do you have demonstrated experience providing the full range of management services in the areas of labor and employee relations?A. Yes
You must provide the position title(s) and dates of employment referenced in your resume that substantiates the experience related to your response.
For each item, select the ONE response that most accurately describes your current level of experience and capability using the scale below.A- I have no experience in performing this work behavior.
4. Prepare and explain an agency's position relative to unfair labor practice charges.
5. Prepare and explain an agency's position relative to non-negotiability allegations.
6. Prepare and explain an agency's position relative to arbitration.
7. Effectively finds common ground and negotiates complex and controversial matters with the Union.
8. Interpret and apply federal personnel laws, regulations, policies and procedures, and advise management of their application.
9. Disseminate information about labor and employee relations policies, procedures, and programs to managers and the general workforce.
10. Serve as an advisor to management officials on grievances.
11. Serve as the agency representative before arbitrators.
12. Advise senior management on a wide range of difficult and complex conduct and performance issues encompassing areas such as time and attendance, grievance, and disciplinary action.
13. Build coalitions among management to support Labor and Employee Relations goals and programs for the organization.
14. Establish priorities and hold staff accountable for work products.
15. Provide program management oversight for labor and employee relations functions.
16. Develop methods of measurement to provide an assessment of success of a labor-management and employee relations program.
17. Develop the future vision of a labor-management and employee relations program.
18. Prepare written responses to employee and union grievances that fully explain management's position.
19. Prepare written briefs to present to arbitrators subject to review by legal authority.
Plan and organize work, set priorities, and determine resource requirements; determine short- and long-term goals and strategies to achieve them; coordinate with other organizations or parts of the organization to accomplish goals; and monitor progress and evaluate outcomes.A. Working with top management, develop and implement long-range and short-term project plans aligned with strategic plans. Coordinate with other organizations to accomplish goals, monitor progress and evaluate outcomes. Realign resources as necessary to accomplish objectives with competing or new demands and sometimes diverse objectives.
21. As previously explained, your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your ratings. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position/agency.
Please take this opportunity to review your ratings to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you: 1) understand this warning, 2) have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy, and 3) verify that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability.
Failure to agree to this statement will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.