Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 14.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the description below, select the one which best describes your education and/or experience that meets the Basic Qualification Requirements for Biological Science, GS-401.A. I have a degree in biological sciences, agriculture, natural resource management, chemistry, or related disciplines appropriate to the position.
2. From the description below, select the one which best describes your education and/or experience that meets the Basic Qualification Requirements for Microbiologist, GS-403.A. I have a degree in microbiology; or biology, chemistry, or basic medical science that included at least 20 semester hours in microbiology and other subjects related to the study of microorganisms, and 20 semester hours in the physical and mathematical sciences combining course work in organic chemistry or biochemistry, physics, and college algebra, or their equivalent.
3. From the description below, select the one which best describes your experience and meets the Basic Qualification Requirements for Toxicology, GS-0415.A. I have a degree in toxicology; or an appropriate discipline of the biological, medical, or veterinary sciences that included at least 30 semester hours in chemistry, biochemistry, or physiology, and 12 semester hours in toxicology.
4. From the description below, select the one which best describes your education and/or experience and meets the Basic Qualification Requirements for Chemist, GS-1320.A. I have a degree in physical sciences, life sciences, or engineering that included 30 semester hours in chemistry, supplemented by course work in mathematics through differential and integral calculus, and at least 6 semester hours of physics.
5. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience and meets the Additional Qualification Requirements for Interdisciplinary Scientist, GS-401/403/415/1320-14.A. I have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-13 grade level in the Federal service developing, implementing and evaluating quantitative food safety risk assessments of contaminants in food (for example, mathematical models used to assess the food safety risk of contaminants in food).
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
6. Develop and evaluate quantitative risk assessments.
7. Develop mathematical models using a variety of platforms including "R" and other statistical analysis software applications such as Analytica.
8. Participate in planning, coordinating and evaluating risk assessments and related programs and policies.
9. Provide scientific direction to multi-disciplinary scientific and professional staff in the area of food safety risk assessments.
10. Assist in establishing and overseeing the implementation of an integrated program of advanced risk analysis and related activities.
11. Serve as a representative on interagency committees, task forces, and deliberations concerning the coordination of risk analysis and related activities.
12. Serve as a spokesperson for the organization on matters related to risk assessments.
13. Represent the organization on committees at professional scientific meetings, both national and international.
14. Prepare and publish risk assessment and related research in official reports or peer-reviewed scientific journals.
15. Review and approve risk assessment documents.
16. Develop and prepare authoritative information on critical problems and controversial issues.
17. Your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy.
If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.
I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.