1. From the descriptions below, please choose the BEST answer that demonstrates your experience related to the Program Analyst (Lead), GS-343-13 position.A. I have one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-12 in the Federal service, planning and conducting studies and analyses of travel programs and making recommendations to improve efficiency and effectiveness; implementing travel regulations and policies for an agency; assisting travelers with both domestic/international travel in accordance with established travel policy, regulations, allowance, etc.; serving as a Contract Officer and representative concerning development and use of travel terms and conditions for inclusion in solicitation for bids and contracts for services, supplies, and equipment; serving as team leader/facilitators in resolving travel problems and providing advice on work methods and procedures to staff to resolve problems; etc.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
2. Explain and promote policies and objectives of travel programs to internal/external customers, management, and staff to broaden their understanding of the travel program and its requirements.
3. Assist management, staff, others, etc. in interpreting policies, procedures and regulations on agency employee travel.
4. Provide technical guidance/support to management/staff concerning the development and use of travel terms and conditions regarding solicitation for bids, contracts for services, supplies, and equipment.
5. Assist travelers in processing travel requests to ensure they are in compliance with per diem and travel allowances specified by agency travel regulations and entitlements.
6. Approve or reject applications for issuance of Travel Cards and ensure required training for card holders is completed.
7. Oversee training for travel card holders to ensure compliance with agency requirements, rules, and regulations.
8. Serve as a Contract Officer and representative on contracts providing support to travel programs.
Planning and Evaluating
9. Conduct studies, surveys and analyses of travel management programs to assess efficiency and effectiveness.
10. Perform studies and analyses of travel related practices to identify conditions that may lead to excessive costs, and make recommendations to management for corrective actions.
11. Develop, select, adapt and employ qualitative and quantitative methods, procedures and systems for assessing the efficiency and effectiveness of policies, practices, procedures, processes of a travel program.
12. Coordinate with travel regulatory parties (e.g. legal, finance, procurement,) etc. on a continuous basis when conducting analyses of travel programs to ensure compliance with regulatory travel rules and regulations and to assess efficiency and effectiveness of the program.
13. Perform travel cost comparisons, use of different carrier selections, quality control and claims activities to ensure an efficient and effective travel program.
14. Resolve travel issues/problems and provide a summary of actions required on the issues/problems to management for implementation of any corrective actions.
15. Evaluate impact of new or modified policy recommendations on travel programs and advise management on the impact.
16. Monitor various travel charges and delinquency reports to identify travel cardholders who are not in compliance with travel program rules and regulations and report findings to management for any corrective actions.
17. Attend meetings/conferences with representatives of the travel industries, commercial users of travel and government officials, to analyze, evaluate and develop solutions to mutual problems involving travel matters.
18. Respond to verbal and written travel complaints, research and analyze the complaint, and determine appropriate resolution.
19. Keep management and travelers apprised on situations and resolution strategies as they relate to travel programs.
20. Keep travel team members informed of changes in travel policy, doctrine, regulations, etc.
21. Research and prepare historical data and prepare technical briefing materials on travel matters.
22. Participate in the review and development of various travel handbooks, guides or similar documents.
23. Prepare reports and briefs to program or higher level leadership to convey study results and make recommendations regarding travel programs.