THE RESUME YOU SUBMIT FOR THIS ANNOUNCEMENT MUST SUPPORT THE ANSWER YOU CLAIM UNDER THIS AND OTHER QUESTIONS. IF NOT, YOU WILL BE FOUND NOT QUALIFIED OR YOUR SCORE WILL BE LOWERED.
1. From the descriptions below, select the letter that describes the education or experience you have that demonstrates your ability to perform GS-1102-13 Contract Specialist work.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience that is equivalent in difficulty and complexity to the GS-12 grade level or pay band in the Federal service. Specifically, I have at least one (1) year of specialized experience soliciting, administering, advising on and/or terminating contracts for the procurement of supplies and services for major complex contracts in accordance with the Federal Acquisition Regulations. In addition, you must have experience in handling contractor performance issues and contract disputes.
2. Please indicate if you have a Level III contracting certificate.A. Yes
Choose the answer for each task statement from the list below that best describes your educational requirements as related to the minimum qualification requirements for this Contract Specialist position.A- I have a bachelor's degree with a major in any field and/or at least 24 semester hours in any combination of the following fields: accounting, business, finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management , marketing, quantitative methods, or organization and management.
3. From the descriptions below, select the letter that best describes your educational requirements as related to the minimum qualification requirements for this Contract Specialist position.
Choose the answer for each task statement from the list below that best describes your knowledge of Federal Contracting and Procurement Policies and regulations, including performance based acquisition.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
4. Advises executive management and senior-level staff on all procurement actions for assigned organizations and determines the types of procurement instruments to be issued and which best meet the needs of the agency for all services functions/offices.
5. Advises management and staff on the best instruments and guidance for the expedient delivery of goods and services in support of various programs and operations and executes awards consistent with agency policy, occasionally under urgent and compelling circumstances.
Choose the answer for each task statement from the list below that best describes your knowledge of all phases of the procurement process, i.e. planning solicitation, negotiation, pricing and administration and terminations.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
6. Perform work related to the contract pre-award process in compliance with Federal Acquisition Regulations and agency policy.
7. Use formal advertising procedures; prepares invitation for bids; publicizes the requirements for items and services to be procured; issues the solicitation documents; reviews the bids for responsiveness to the solicitation; determines financial responsibility and performance capability of the bidders, and awards a variety of complex contracts.
Choose the answer for each task statement from the list below that best describes your knowledge of commercial business and industry practices and market considerations, including various commodity areas, i.e. architectural and engineering services, supplies, equipment, ADP and construction.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
8. Serve as a Contracting Officer responsible for procurements involving a number of different processes or elements resulting in extensive subcontracting.
9. Perform procurement planning to develop objectives in terms of competition and price range, and constructs the contractual vehicle including use of pricing arrangements, subcontracting policy, set-aside policies, and similar considerations.
Choose the answer for each task statement from the list below that best describes your technical skill in analyzing procurement situation, proposals and market conditions.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
10. Monitors the contractor's performance, and performs contract administration activities, independently reviewing contractor performance through site visits and correspondence for completion of applicable contract clauses.
11. Ensures compliance with technical, financial, delivery, and other terms of the contract, and recommends the issuance of "cure" or "show cause" notices when the contractor is not in compliance.
Choose the answer for each task statement from the list below that best describes your ability to communicate in writing to represent and defend the agency's interest.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
12. Provide purchasing support by processing frequently purchase items under established GSA, FAS contracts or other contracts or agreements and purchases specialized items or services that have unstable prices or characteristics, hard-to-locate sources, or other complicating factors.
13. Examine incoming purchase requests for completeness, including purchase request numbers, accounting codes, item descriptions, estimated costs, and quantities and prepares the final copies of purchase or delivery orders.