Choose best responses below. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.
Select the appropriate answer to each of the following questions, which seeks to determine your citizenship, current level of education, and certification.
1. Are you a United States Citizen?A. Yes
2. Are you proficient in basic written and spoken English?A. Yes
The following section asks questions about your knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the duties of the Orthotist/Prosthetist.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
3. Ability to attend clinics and participate as a member of the treatment team. This includes knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy, physiology, biomechanics, kinesiology, physics, and etiology of diseases as well as knowledge of psychology and age related competencies.
4. Ability to conduct clinical patient analyses such as gait, range of motion, life style, etc., for patients with complex but typical conditions.
5. Knowledge of materials science including materials such as plastics, composites, metals, and leather commonly used in fabrication in order to design and fabricate prescribed devices. This would include ability to use hand and power tools in the fabrication of the devices.
6. Knowledge of materials science in order to design and fabricate prescribed devices considering new and emerging technologies. This would include the ability to use CAD/CAM systems in the fabrication of the devices.
7. Ability to recognize physical abnormalities, deviations, and complicating conditions with potentially life threatening implications.
Certification of Understanding - Select Yes or No to answer the statement below. If you select No or fail to provide an answer, will result in you not being considered for this position.
8. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled; I may be denied an appointment; or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated and that responding "No" or providing no response to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.A. Yes
Please see announcement to ensure you have submitted all required documents. If all documentation is not submitted you will not be referred.
If you are claiming veteran's preference you MUST include the following information if it applies:
DD214 (member 4)
Proof of disability rating
If you are a current or former Federal employee please submit your most recent SF50.