1. Please select the response below that best indicates how you meet the basic requirement for this position.A. I possess a Bachelor's degree in computer science or bachelor's degree with 30 semester hours in a combination of mathematics, statistics, and computer science. At least 15 of the 30 semester hours must have included any combination of statistics and mathematics that included differential and integral calculus. (You must submit supporting transcripts)
2. Please select the response below that best indicates how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-09 grade level in the Federal Service, conducting database development, data analysis, modeling and simulation, and data display; assisting in the evaluation, design, and development of algorithms and software for scientific computing; providing application software support; and, testing and optimizing the functionality of systems, networks, and data.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
3. Develop bioinformatics and/or health informatics software using an object-oriented language, such as Java, C++, or Python.
4. Apply health informatics standards, such as Study Data Tabulation Model (SDTM), Health Level Seven (HL7), Structured Product Labeling (SPL), Medical Dictionary for Regulated Activities (MedDRA), or Medical Subject Headings (MeSH).
5. Develop relational database queries.
6. Implement code changes for bioinformatics analysis software.
7. Develop web-based user interfaces using standard software development tools, such as HTML5.
8. Configure and program multiple operating systems, such as Linux Cent OS and Ubuntu.
9. Install relational databases, such as Oracle and PostgreSQL.
10. Implement software control procedures using tools, such as CVS, Subversion or Git.
11. Utilize parallel computing techniques, such as multicore programming, Linux clusters, Sun Grid Engine, or NVIDIA CUDA.
12. Consult with computer scientists and engineers to solve complex scientific computing issues.
13. Collaborate with research staff and scientific programmers to define analytic approaches and conduct scientific database design.
14. Provide technical guidance and application software support for scientific computing.
15. Prepare written recommendations regarding the adoption of new or enhanced bioinformatics approaches.
16. Prepare software documentation, technical reports and presentations related to assigned projects.
17. Draft standard operating procedures and other technical guidelines for hardware and software used in scientific research.