Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Vacancy Identification Number: 889992
Announcement Number: IHS-R1-AB-889992-ESEP/MP
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 14.
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. Are you a United States Citizen or National, who is at least 16 years old?A. Yes
The following section is used to determine your eligibility for appointment under the Merit Promotion or Excepted Service Examining Plan in the Indian Health Service. Please respond "Yes" or "No" to the following statements. Do not leave any section blank. NOTE: You must submit the required documentation to verify your eligibility as indicated below. Failure to provide the required documents will render you not eligible for consideration. See instructions under the "How to Apply" tab for submitting documentation.
The following section is used to determine your eligibility for appointment under the Merit Promotion or Excepted Service Examining Plan in the Indian Health Service. Please respond "Yes" or "No" to the following statements. Do not leave any section blank.A- Yes.
2. Are you a current, permanent (non-temporary) civilian employee on a competitive service appointment in a Federal agency or a former civilian Federal employee who achieved career status in the competitive service; or an interchange agreement eligible; or a VEOA eligible; or a former civilian Federal employee who served on a career-conditional appointment and was separated less than three years ago without achieving career status in the competitive service? (You must submit supporting documentation).
3. Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification? (You must submit a properly completed and signed copy of the Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) Form BIA-4432, "Verification of Indian Preference for Employment in the Bureau of Indian Affairs and the Indian Health Service," for employees claiming Indian preference.)
4. Are you an Indian Health Service scholarship recipient who has completed the necessary requirements for an approved health profession degree in accordance with your academic institution and under the Indian Health Care Improvement Act (IHCIA)? (You will receive highest priority placement consideration for available vacancies within the IHS).
5. Have you held a permanent position in the competitive service at the same grade level with the same or higher promotion potential as this position; or be an Interagency Career Transition Program (ICTAP) applicant; or be eligible for a special appointment authority such as a Schedule A for the severely disabled? (You must submit supporting documentation).
6. Are you interested in performing the duties of this position within the United States Public Health Service Commissioned Corps? (You must submit sufficient information to permit this office to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements, including any selective placement factor).
INSTRUCTIONS: The following section is used to determine your Method of Consideration/Referral.
7. Please indicate which of the following plans you want to be considered under: you will only be considered for those that you indicate and are within reach for referral. Do not leave this section blank.
NOTE: You must also submit the required documentation to verify your eligibility as indicated in the vacancy announcement. Failure to provide the required documents will render you not eligible for consideration.
Thank you for your interest in this Supervisory Clinical Psychologist position with the Indian Health Service. We will evaluate your resume and your responses to this Assessment Questionnaire to determine if you are among the best qualified for this position. Your responses are subject to verification. Please review your responses for accuracy before you submit this questionnaire.
SECTION I- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND FACTORS
1. Select one statement that best describes whether you meet the Degree requirement for Clinical Psychologist.
2. GS-14 From the descriptions below, select the response that best describes your experience which demonstrates your ability to perform the work of this position at the GS-14.
3. Select one statement that best describes whether or not you possess a current, unrestricted, state license for Clinical Psychologist.
For each task in the following groups, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training.
4. Build consensus among diverse viewpoints to optimize health within patient population.
5. Empower others by delegating authority to meet and/or exceed program goals.
6. Facilitate cooperation and mutual assistance across the organization.
7. Develop leadership abilities in others by providing coaching, mentoring and developmental assignments.
8. Recognize the stages of team development and helps the team(s) progress to higher levels of performance.
9. Communicate with patients and families with multiple mental health problems.
10. Communicate with individuals who are difficult, hostile, or distressed with tact and empathy.
11. Interact with people from varied backgrounds and different situations and sensitive to cultural diversity, race, gender, disabilities, and other individual differences.
12. Apply knowledge of cultural issues that may impact the implementation of public health or public health related programs that service American Indians and Alaska Natives.
13. Perform patient diagnostic evaluations to recommend treatment options.
14. Develop treatment plans in order to improve the overall quality of life for patients.
15. Provide individual counseling sessions for patients as a treatment option.
16. Provide group counseling sessions for patients as a treatment option.
17. Provide family counseling sessions for patients as a treatment option.
18. Provide substance abuse counseling to patients with alcohol addictions.
19. Advise and consult with all levels of professional staff concerning client behaviors and psychological characteristics to provide proper diagnosis.
20. Provide documentation of care and services to maintain client records.
21. Prepare written documentation for case management services in order to monitor patient progression.
22. Promote the awareness of the importance of data security and data validity, referring to Privacy Acts, HIPAA regulations, and security requirements.
23. Coordinate and provide training to ensure compliance with computer security policies and procedures.
24. Analyze clinical data to anticipate or determine patterns and trends impacting program efficiency, execution, and operations.
25. Develop plans for implementing decisions and procedural changes, set goals and milestones and adapt/develop new methods of implementation, and monitor to evaluate conformance with policies, legal and regulatory requirements, procedural guidance, and data system accuracy.
SECTION II. CERTIFICATION OF INFORMATION ACCURACY
As previously explained, your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy.
Certification of Information Accuracy
If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.
26. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.