Please accurately identify your level of experience and demonstrated capability when completing this questionnaire as your responses, resume and supporting documents will be reviewed for accuracy. You will be asked at the end of this questionnaire to certify your entire application as true and accurate.
The following section is used to determine your eligibility for appointment and referral consideration. Please indicate those eligibilities for which you are eligible and would like to be considered. You will only be considered under eligibilities that you select and provide requested supporting information either below or within your resume. If you do not meet at least one of the eligibilities below, you are not eligible to be considered for this position. For additional information, definitions and supporting documentation requirements see the list of appointing eligibilities listed at http://www.public.navy.mil/donhr/Employment/CivJobOpps/Documents/ApplicantChecklist_Merit.pdf. Please note that documentation (e.g., SF-50s or DD-214s) will be requested if you are selected to verify your eligibility.
1. Current Permanent Federal Civilian Employee - I am currently employed as a permanent career or career-conditional (Tenure 1 or 2 in box 24 of SF-50) federal employee in the competitive service (SF-50 will show a 1 in box 34) or , I am currently on a permanent Veterans' Recruitment Appointment (VRA) (SF-50 will show a 2 in box 34). Note: Your resume MUST include your position title, pay plan, series, grade level, agency worked for and dates of employment for all applicable federal work experiences.A. Yes
2. Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) - I am a veteran who served substantially 3 or more years of continuous active duty in the military - OR - I am a preference eligible; AND I was discharged under honorable conditions. Visit http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx for veterans' preference eligibility requirements. Note: Ensure that you have answered all applicable veterans’ questions in both the Eligibility Information and Other Information sections of this questionnaire.A. Yes
3. Veterans Recruitment Appointment (VRA)- I am a disabled veteran; or a veteran who served on active duty in the Armed Forces during a war declared by Congress, or in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge has been authorized; or a veteran who, while serving on active duty in the Armed Forces, participated in a military operation for which the Armed Forces Service Medal was awarded; or I have separated from active duty within the past 3 years; AND separated under honorable conditions. Visit http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx for veterans' preference eligibility requirements. Note: Ensure that you have answered all applicable veterans’ questions in both the Eligibility Information and Other Information sections of this questionnaire.A. Yes, I am eligible for a VRA appointment and have a service connected compensable disability rating of at least 10% or more.
4. 30% Disabled Veteran - I am a disabled veteran rated by the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) as having a compensable service-connected disability of 30 percent or more; or a disabled veteran who retired from active military service with a disability rating of 30 percent or more; AND my discharge was under conditions other than dishonorable. Note: Ensure that you have answered all applicable veterans’ questions in both the Eligibility Information and Other Information sections of this questionnaire.A. Yes
5. PPP Military Spouse - I am registered in the DoD Priority Placement Program (PPP) Military Spouse Preference Program (Program S) for the series, grade and location covered by this announcement.A. Yes
6. Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) - I am a current or former federal employee displaced from a position in a Non-DoD federal agency (e.g., IRS, VA, Dept of Labor, etc.) in the same local commuting area of the vacancy. I have a current (or last) performance rating of record of at least fully successful or the equivalent. Applicants eligible under ICTAP are provided priority selection for vacancies within the local commuting area for which they apply and are well qualified. NOTE: If you indicate "yes" for this statement, you must submit copies of the appropriate documentation, such as a reduction in force (RIF) separation notice, SF-50 reflecting your RIF separation, or a notice of proposed removal for declining a directed reassignment or transfer of function to another commuting area. You must also submit documentation to reflect your current (or last) performance rating of record.A. Yes
As previously explained, your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy. If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.
1. Please respond to each question accurately and ensure your answers are supported by your resume. Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.
2. Select the one statement that best describes the experience that you possess that demonstrates your ability to perform the work of an Management Analyst (CIVPERS/MANPOWER) at the GS-13 grade level or equivalent pay band.A. I have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 grade level performing the following duties: create long range plans; develop staffing standards covering program missions, functions and staffing requirements; use quantitative analysis to determine manpower needs; identify and resolve problems with manpower and structure.
3. Select the one statement that best describes the experience that you possess that demonstrates your ability to perform the work of an Management Analyst (CIVPERS/MANPOWER) at the GS-14 grade level or equivalent pay band.A. I have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-13 grade level performing the following duties: justify manpower requirements, allocation of positions and documentation to support manpower changes and authorizations; evaluate manpower allowances and staff requirements; govern personnel functions, rules and regulations; analyze program-budgetary relationships.
For each of the items below, select the one statement that most accurately describes your training and experience using the scale provided.
4. Analyze personnel requirements to ensure staffing levels are within manpower controls and funding.
5. Conduct organizational and/or manpower utilization studies to identify and develop improvements of manpower and methods.
6. Receive manpower documents for review and analysis of funding verses requirements.
7. Assess the effectiveness and efficiency of programs to advise management on effective use of available manpower authorizations.
8. Formulate and develop plans and objectives pertinent to having effective and efficient manpower management.
9. Develop changes to enterprise manning based on manpower and mission changes.
10. Prepare enterprise budget based on projected requirements and salaries for the command.
11. Determine manpower requirements to perform stated mission and projects organization changes.
12. Review and analyze the enterprise personnel allocation documents and programming budget guidance for proposed fiscal year authorizations.
13. Recommend enterprise structure redesign, need for additional resources, and consolidation of functions and prepares justification for changes to financial management chief/comptroller.
14. Ensure appropriate audit trails are maintained for all manpower allocations.
15. Monitor automated manpower management information systems to ensure approved organization and personnel changes are accurate.
16. Develop and provide briefings and reports on the status of programs and operations for the financial management chief.
17. Develop and maintain an integrated reporting system affecting programs throughout the activity and ensure the system is functioning properly.
18. Establish controls to monitor processing and approval of changes, reorganizations and requests for personnel actions.
19. Review requests for personnel actions to recommend appropriate actions and authorize personnel action requests.
20. Conduct review and analysis of personnel issues, costs, and alternatives for hiring approval for new personnel.
21. Review, analyze, and recommend actions for major organization concept plans, changes, reorganizations and reallocation of positions.