Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we cannot process your application without it.
The Vacancy Identification Number is: 925823
Enter the lowest grade level you will accept.
You may omit the availability date if you can begin work immediately. Otherwise you must provide the date you will be available for employment. Please use this format: (mm/dd/yyyy)
The occupational specialty will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one occupational specialty code for this position. The specialty code for this position is:
The geographic location code will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
Selective Placement Factors (SPF) are a prerequisite to appointment and represent minimum requirements for the position. Applicants who do not meet the SPF are ineligible for further consideration.
This position requires that applicants must possess a valid driver's license and have a good driving record.
Do you have a valid state driver's license (If selected a copy of the Valid Driver's License must be provided along with a current driving record from Department of Motor Vehicles)?A. Yes
Please select one of the statements below that best describes your ability to operate a motor vehicle safely.A. I have an excellent safe driving record for the past 5 years.
The assessment part of the questionnaire includes questions about your eligibility, minimum qualifications, and KSAs (knowledges, skills and abilities) related to this position.
ELIGIBILITY: The following section is used to determine your eligibility for this vacancy.
Area of Consideration - Please choose A (Yes) or B (No) in response to the following questions
3. I am a citizen of the United States.A. Yes
4. I am proficient in spoken and written English. (To be appointed under authority of 38 U.S.C., chapter 73 or 74, to serve in a direct patient-care capacity in VHA, applicants must be proficient in written and spoken English.)A. Yes
(1) Have a doctoral degree in psychology from a graduate program in psychology accredited by the American Psychological Association (APA). The specialty area of the degree must be consistent with the assignment for which the applicant is to be employed.
(2) Have successfully completed a professional psychology internship training program that has been accredited by APA. Exceptions: (1) new VHA psychology internship programs that are in the process of applying for APA accreditation are acceptable in fulfillment of the internship requirement, provided that such programs were sanctioned by the VHA Central Office Program Director for Psychology and the VHA Central Office of Academic Affiliations at the time that the individual was an intern and (2) VHA facilities who offered full one-year pre-doctoral internships prior to PL 96-151 (pre-1979) are considered to be acceptable in fulfillment of the internship requirement.A. Yes
6. Hold a full, current, and unrestricted license to practice psychology at the doctoral level in a State, Territory, Commonwealth of the
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: This section includes questions about the qualifications for this vacancy.
7. At least 1 year of professional psychologist experience equivalent to the next lower grade level.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-12 level in the Federal service. At this level supervisory psychologists typically have collateral supervisory duties primarily for non-professional staff, although a small number of professional staff may be supervised as well (i.e., less than three). Supervisory psychologists at this level may be assigned to any program area and may be involved in program evaluation and/or research activities. At this level, supervisory psychologists independently provide psychological services at all levels of complexity and consult with peers and supervisors as appropriate
VETERANS' PREFERENCE - Veterans who served on active duty in the U.S. Armed Forces and were separated under honorable conditions may be eligible for veterans' preference. For service after October 15, 1976, the veteran must have received a Campaign Badge, Expeditionary Medal, a service connected disability, or have served during the Gulf War between August 2, 1990 and January 2, 1992 or for more than 180 consecutive days, other than on the date prescribed by Presidential proclamation or by law as the last day of Operation Iraqi Freedom. To claim veterans' preference, veterans should be ready to provide a copy of their DD-214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, or other proof. Veterans with service connected disability and others claiming "10 point preference" will need to submit Form SF-15, Application for 10-point Veterans' Preference.
8. Please choose the ONE statement below that applies to you.A. I am eligible for tentative ("5-point") preference.
9. Your rating is subject to verification based on the résumé, narratives and other relevant documents you submit, and through verification of references as appropriate. Deliberate attempts to falsify information are grounds for non-selection and for termination. In addition, falsifying information on your application can result in your being barred from Federal employment. Please choose A to certify that your answers are accurate and complete.A. I certify that my answers are accurate and complete.