Select at least one occupational specialty code. The specialty code(s) for this position are 001, 002 and 003. Please note that you must select at least one specialty code but may select multiple codes if desired. Each code is defined below:
001 - Open to All
002 - Competitive Merit Promotion. This includes current Federal employees who serve under a competitive career or career-conditional appointment in the competitive service, reinstatement eligibles (former Federal employees who served under a career appointment in the competitive service) and VEOA eligibles (veterans with preference and veterans who have been honorably discharged and substantially completed at least 3 years of continuous active duty service. You must provide qualifying documentation (i.e. SF-50 or veterans documentation).
003 - Noncompetitive and Special Hiring Authorities. This includes applicants who are eligible for noncompetitive or special appointment authorities such as: 30% or more compensably disabled veterans, Veterans' Recruitment Appointment (VRA - for positions at GS-11 and below), persons with disabilities (Schedule A), military spouse preference, Federal employees in excepted service positions covered under an interchange agreement (such as TSA or FAA employees), and other eligible special hiring authorities (such as Peace Corps, Boren Fellows, etc.). This also includes applicants who previously held, or currently hold, this position and grade with the same promotion potential as announced for this 927032. For more information about special hiring authorities, visit: http://www.opm.gov/hr_practitioners/lawsregulations/appointingauthorities/index.asp. You must provide qualifying documentation for a noncompetitive or special hiring authority.
Complete this section ONLY IF you are a surplus or displaced Federal employee requesting special priority consideration under the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) or the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP). To be considered, you must be a surplus or displaced Federal employee as defined in the regulations, be applying for a vacancy at or below the grade level of the position from which you have been or are being separated (and with no greater promotion potential than your position), and be occupying or have been displaced from a position in the same local commuting area as the vacancy.
Note: To receive consideration for the CTAP or ICTAP, you must submit the necessary supporting documentation as specified in the vacancy announcement.
1. From the descriptions below, select one response to describe how you meet the Qualification Requirements for this position at the GS-09 level.A. I have one year of specialized experience comparable in scope and responsibility to the GS-07 level in the Federal service (obtained in either the public or private sector). This experience must have included activities such as: 1) analyzing and evaluating established administrative processes and procedures for effectiveness and efficiency; 2) troubleshooting administrative problems and/or matters; and 3) conducting briefings and presentations for management. Note: If selecting this response, your resume must fully support this experience in order to be found qualified at this grade level.
2. From the descriptions below, select one response to describe how you meet the Qualification Requirements for this position at the GS-11 level.A. I have one year of specialized experience comparable in scope and responsibility to the GS-09 level in the Federal service (obtained in either the public or private sector). This experience must have included activities such as: 1) conducting studies of administrative and managerial processes and procedures to assess productivity, effectiveness, and efficiency of program operations; 2) using qualitative and quantitative analytical techniques; 3) serving as a point of contact in matters related to administrative operations for an office; and 4) preparing and delivering briefings to managers on study findings and recommendations. Note: If selecting this response, your resume must fully support this experience in order to be found qualified at this grade level.
3. From the descriptions below, select one response to describe how you meet the Qualification Requirements for this position at the GS-12 level.A. I have one year of specialized experience comparable in scope and responsibility to the GS-11 level in the Federal service (obtained in either the public or private sector). This experience must have included activities such as: 1) directing projects and studies to evaluate and recommend ways to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of work operations in a program or support setting; 2) developing new or modified work methods, guidelines, and/or management processes and procedures; 4) acting as liaison for a higher level manager; and 4) providing authoritative guidance to subordinates on all matters related to administrative management. Note: If selecting this response, your resume must fully support this experience in order to be found qualified at this grade level.
Knowledge of administrative policies, procedures and management processes
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
4. Provide training on administrative processes to subordinate staff members.
5. Maintain overall control of a higher level supervisors' schedule.
6. Serve as the main point of contact for all matters related to the administration of the office.
7. Exercise judgment in handling administrative matters; determining which issues to refer to management.
8. Conduct briefings on special projects and sensitive administrative or programmatic issues.
9. Maintain and process travel authorizations.
Ability to analyze and evaluate processes and procedures
10. Develop internal administrative policies and procedures of the office through independent reviews and evaluations.
11. Analyze current procedures for effectiveness and efficiency.
12. Advise management of any potential shortfalls in processes based off of independent research.
13. Make recommendations for improvement in the effectiveness and efficiency of work operations.
14. Conduct special studies of program functions and work processes.
Skill in written communication
15. Prepare briefing materials, talking points and executive summaries for management.
16. Consolidate a wide range of data for preparation of reports and summaries for management.
17. Create administrative operating manuals and/or standard operating procedures for the office.
18. Prepare a variety of correspondence and reports utilizing data bases and automated systems.
Skill in oral communication
19. Speak authoritatively based on in-depth knowledge of the office policies, procedures, commitments, and interests.
20. Work with contacts within and outside of the organization to communicate issues that related to office administration.
21. Act as personal liaison for a higher level supervisor.
22. Provide guidance and assistance on administrative matters to subordinate employees and/or organizations.
23. Conduct team meetings on a repetitive basis or when issues arise.