ELIGIBILITY: The following section is used to
determine your eligibility for appointment in the Federal Government. Failure to respond to these questions may result in an ineligible rating. Please choose
A (Yes) or B (No) for each of the following items to identify which of the
following descriptions applies to you.
ELIGIBILITY: The following section is used to determine your eligibility for appointment in the Federal Government. Failure to respond to these questions may result in an ineligible rating. Please choose A (Yes) or B (No) for each of the following items to identify which of the following descriptions applies to you.
1. I am a citizen of the United States.
2. I am proficient in both written and spoken English. To be appointed under authority of 38 U.S.C., chapter 73 or 74 serving in a direct patient-care capacity in VHA, applicants must be proficient in both written and spoken English.
QUALIFICATIONS: This assessment section includes questions to determine if you are in the area of consideration for this vacancy. Failure to respond to these questions may result in ineligible rating. Please choose A (Yes) or B (no) for each of the following items to identify which of the following descriptions applies to you.A- Yes.
Are you currently a permanent federal employee of the facility where the vacancy is located?
4. Are you currently a permanent federal employee of the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)?
This assessment section includes questions to determine if you have the education required for this vacancy announcement. Failure to respond to these questions may result in ineligible rating. Please choose A (Yes) or B (No) or C (This does not apply to me) to identify which of the following descriptions applies to you.A- Yes.
5. CLINICAL DIETICIAN: : I have earned a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree as a Clinical Dietician and completed a didactic program in Dietetics accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Dietetics Education (CADE), Completed a CADE accredited supervised practice program, and Passed a national exam administered by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR).
6. PSYCHOLOGIST: I hold a doctoral degree in Psychology from a college or university approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs, [Note: Approved doctoral programs are those from an accredited college or university whose curriculum psychology is approved by the American Psychological Association (APA). Completed study in a specialty area of psychology means completion of a full curriculum in counseling psychology, not just incidental courses in these areas as part of a program of study in a specialty area unrelated to the position for which being considered. The specialty area of the degree must be counseling psychology.]
7. REGISTERED NURSE: I am a graduate of a school of professional nursing approved by the appropriate State agency, and accredited by one of the following accrediting bodies at the time the program was completed by the applicant: The National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC) OR the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). [In cases of graduates of foreign schools of professional nursing, possession of current, full, active, and unrestricted registration will meet the requirement of graduation from an approved school of professional nursing.]
8. PHYSICIAN EXTENDER (NURSE PRACTITIONER OR PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT: I possess a MSN degree from a program accredited by the National League of Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC) or the Commission on College Nursing Education (CCNE) or I hold a bachelor's degree from a PA training program which is certified by the Accreditation Review Commission on Education of the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA); or graduated from a PA training program of at least 12 months duration which is certified by the ARC-PA and a bachelor's degree in a health care occupation or a health-related science; or graduated from a PA training program of at least 12 months duration which is certified by the ARC-PA and a period of progressively responsible health care experience such as an independent duty medical corpsman, licensed practical nurse, registered nurse, medical technologist, or medical technician. The duration of approved academic training and health care experience must total at least 5 years.
9. PHYSICAL THERAPIST: I am a graduate of a degree program in Physical Therapy, or a graduate of a foreign Physical Therapy program that meets the requirements to be licensed.
10. SOCIAL WORKER: I possess a Master’s degree in Social Work from a program accredited by the Council on social Work Education (CSWE)? Acceptable degrees are Masters of Social Work (MSW), Master of Science in Social Work (MSSW), Master of Social Service Administration (MSSA), Master of Social Service (MSS), Master of Social Administration (MSA), and Master of Social Welfare.
Select the most applicable reponse for this question, otherwise choose, "This does not apply to me".A- I am considered an expert, am consulted by others, or have provided training to others in this area.
I completed an acceptable internship in psychology, which was accredited by the American Psychological Association (APA). [An acceptable internship consists of an organized training program, in contrast to supervised experience or on-the-job training. The internship was designed to provide the intern with a planned, programmed sequence of training experiences with the primary purpose to assure breadth and quality of training. Such internships may be gained in VA training programs which meet APA internship requirements or in other health service settings whose internships are accredited by the APA. Internships normally consist of 1 year of training under a licensed psychologist in an organization with sufficient staff and varied programs to provide the required breadth and quality of training. The sponsoring organization should provide a written statement or brochure describing the goals and content of the internship with clear expectations for the quantity and quality of the trainee's work. NOTE: Prior to 1956 the APA did not accredit internships, but did accredit doctoral programs. Therefore, a pre-1956 graduate of an APA approved doctoral program in an appropriate psychology specialty, whose internship was acceptable to the degree granting school, meets the internship requirements of this standard.]
LICENSURE AND REGISTRATION: Select the appropriate response for each question below. If the the question does not apply to your profession, select "This does not apply to me".
I have a current, full and unrestricted license to practice in a state, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia. The provider must maintain current registration in the state of licensure if this is a requirement for continuing active, current licensure.A- I am considered an expert, am consulted by others, or have provided training to others in this area.
12. CLINICAL DIETICIAN: I have a professional registration as a Registered Dietician and I am currently registered with the CDR.
I am licensed or certified as a psychologist in a state. Please be certain that your application package identifies which state you are licensed and the year of licensure.
14. REGISTERED NURSE: I possess a current, full, active and unrestricted registration as a graduate professional nurse in a state, Territory, or Commonwealth (i.e. Puerto Rico) of the U.S., or the District of Columbia.
15. SOCIAL WORKER: I am licensed or certified by a state to independently practice clinical social work at the master's advanced practice level. This must have included an Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) advanced generalist or clinical examination unless you are grandfathered by the state in which you are licensed to practice at the advanced practice level. Include a copy of your license or provide license number (include state of license) and verification that you meet the ASWB requirement with your application materials.
16. PHYSICIAN EXTENDER: I possess a current, full, active, and unrestricted nursing license or I am certified by the National Commission on Certification of Physician’s assistants (NCCPA) as a requirement of employment. (This requirement does not apply to non-certified PAs on VA rolls).
17. PHYSICAL THERAPIST: I possess a current, full, active, and unrestricted license to practice physical therapy in a State, territory, or Commonwealth of the United States or District of Columbia.
INSTRUCTIONS: Veterans who served on active duty in the U.S. Armed Forces and were separated under honorable conditions may be eligible for veterans' preference. For service after October 15, 1976, the veteran must have received a Campaign Badge, Expeditionary Medal, a service connected disability, or have served during the Gulf War between August 2, 1990 and January 2, 1992 or for more than 180 consecutive days, other than training, any part of which occurred during the period beginning September 11, 2001, and ending on the date prescribed by Presidential proclamation or by law as the last day of Operation Iraqi Freedom. To claim veterans' preference, veterans should be ready to provide a copy of their DD-214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, or other proof. Veterans with service connected disability and others claiming "10 point preference" will need to submit Form SF-15, Application for 10-point Veterans' Preference.A. I am eligible for tentative ("5-point") preference.
VERIFICATION STATEMENT: Your rating is subject to verification based on the résumé, narratives and other relevant documents you submit, and through verification of references as appropriate. Deliberate attempts to falsify information are grounds for non-selection and for termination. In addition, falsifying information on your application can result in your being barred from federal employment. Please choose A to certify that your answers are accurate and complete.A. I certify that my answers are accurate and complete.