1. From the descriptions below, please choose the best answer that demonstrates your education related to the GS-1515-14 Operations Research Analyst position.A. Possess a degree in operations research or a degree that included at least 24 semester hours in a combination of operations research, mathematics, probability, statistics, mathematical logic, science, or subject-matter courses requiring substantial competence in college-level mathematics or statistics. At least 3 of the 24 semester hours must have been in calculus (You must submit your transcript at time of application).
2. From the descriptions below, please choose the best answer that demonstrates your experience related to the GS-1515-14 Operations Research Analyst position.A. I have one year of specialized experience, equivalent to at least the GS-13 grade level in the Federal service, applying best-in-class concepts, methodologies and tools to lead the design and re-engineering of business processes.
The following criteria will be used to evaluate your level of knowledge, skill, or ability in certain areas required for this position. For each item, choose the statement from the list below (A-E) that best reflects your level of experience and/or training in that area.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
3. Define critical problems identified in the course of planning or conducting process improvement studies.
4. Conduct quantitative studies to critique, design, install, and improve management planning, systems.
5. Design studies to improve organizational development for a large complex program.
6. Advise management officials on alternatives to correct problems found while conducting a study.
7. Develop appropriate study models to ensure that the factors relating to the problem studied are fully described.
8. Review experimental theories and new developments in strategic planning for their potential applicability in conducting research on problems not resolved by accepted methods.
9. Design and integrate data mining process to develop organizational polices into day-to-day operations.
10. Lead the portfolio management process for a business unit.
11. Conduct interviews to collect information to guide technical projects.
12. Consult and educate senior level clients to convey technical information related to business process improvements and strategic planning.
13. Lead a team in the development and implementation of models involving complex business process design, analysis, and improvement.
14. Counsel senior leaders and facilitate negotiations between senior leadership to develop overall approaches to organization problems.