Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary; however we cannot process your application without it.
The Vacancy Identification Number is: TAG:VacancyID
All biographic information is required, except for your telephone number and the contact time.
Enter the lowest grade level (TAG:Beginning Grade-TAG:Ending Grade) you will accept. The grade level equates to the General Schedule (GS) salary for this position http://www.opm.gov/oca/12tables/html/dcb.asp. Candidates are considered separately for each grade level. If you are determined qualified for the position and rank high enough among the best qualified candidates to be referred for the potential selection, you will be considered only for the grade level(s) you choose.
These dates are required if you have claimed Veterans' Preference unless you have claimed derived Preference (i.e., widows, spouse, etc.)
Please use this format: (mm/dd/yyyy)
You may omit the availability date if you can begin work immediately. Otherwise you must provide the date you will be available for employment. Please use this format: (mm/dd/yyyy)
Please take a moment and tell us how you heard about this opportunity vacancy.
If you have selected "Newspaper" or "Other", please provide name of the source. (i.e. websites, Washington Post, etc.)
The occupational speciality will be selected for you if there is only one. Otherwise, select/enter at least one occupational specialty code for this position. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
Please insert the total number of years and months of your job related experience. Job related experience is experience acquired while working in a specific field or occupation.
The following question will address your minimum qualifications. Please read the question and answer yes or no.A- Yes.
1. Do you have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-11 level which is directly related to this line of work AND bilingual in English and Spanish to fluently read, write and translate in both languages accurately? Specialized Experience: is defined as coordinating the activities of writers, reporters and assistant producers, selecting news stories and news coverage and other personnel throughout the production process; compose and edit scripts; directing on-location production; regularly review programming and advises on aesthetic look and quality of television packages.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
2. Experience producing television newscasts and news magazines and live coverage of news events.
3. Knowledge of control room protocol in order to direct a large technical crew.
4. Extensive knowledge of television production techniques and process including live satellite broadcasting.
5. Ability to communicate orally with a diverse group individuals.
6. The ability to design productions from conception to completion, comparable to commercial television industries; where there is no established format.
7. Knowledge of national and international news event in order to direct live or pre-taped news programs.