Please indicate below how you would like to be considered for this position. You may make more than one selection as applicable. You will only be considered under the options you have selected, so please choose carefully.
MERIT PROMOTION You may apply under Merit Promotion procedures if you meet the requirements for one of the following categories:
1. Current competitive service Federal employees with career or career-conditional status applying for promotion or transfer to a position at a higher grade level than your current permanent position in the competitive service.
2. Current competitive service Federal employees with career or career-conditional status applying for reassignment, transfer, or change to lower grade to a position that has greater promotion potential than currently or previously held on a permanent basis in the competitive service.
3. Current competitive service Federal employees with career or career-conditional status applying to a temporary promotion in excess of 120 calendar days to a higher graded position or one with higher potential than position previously held on a permanent basis in the competitive service.
4. Former competitive service Federal employees with reinstatement eligibility applying to a higher grade or position with greater promotion potential than a position previously held on a permanent basis in the competitive service.
If applying based on #1-4 above, you must provide a copy of your most recent SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action, showing tenure group 1 or 2 in block 24. You should also submit your most recent performance appraisal.
5. Veterans eligible under the Veterans Employment Opportunities Act (VEOA). You must submit a copy of your DD-214.
NON-COMPETITIVE AUTHORITY - You may apply under Non-Competitive procedures if you meet the requirements for one of the following categories:
1. C urrent competitive service Federal employees with career or career-conditional status who hold a position with the same or higher promotion potential as the position applying for; or former competitive service Federal employees with reinstatement eligibility who held a position with the same or higher promotion potential as the position applying for. You must provide a copy of the SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action, showing the same or higher promotion potential as that of the position applying for (i.e. initial hire action, promotion action or reassignment action.) Do not submit SF-50s for awards, within grade increases or pay adjustments.
2. Veterans eligible for a Veterans' Recruitment Appointment (VRA). You must submit a copy of your DD-214. NOTE: VRA only applies to positions at the GS-11 level and below.
3. 30% or more disabled veterans. You must submit your DD-214 and a completed SF-15.
4. Military spouses whose active duty military spouse: 1) receives a Permanent Change of Station (PCS) move; 2) has a 100% disability rating; or 3) died while on active duty. For further information and eligibility criteria, please visit: http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/shams/index.aspx#msaa.
5. Persons with disabilities eligible for a Schedule A appointment. You must provide proof of disability and certification of job readiness.
6. Former Peace Corps or VISTA volunteers. You must provide documentation as proof of non-competitive eligibility.
7. Employees in the excepted service under an OPM approved Interchange Agreement.
1. Select the answer below that describes your education as it relates to the basic qualification requirements for this position. You must submit a copy of your transcripts for verification.A. I have completed a 4-year degree in accounting or a degree in a related field such as business administration, finance, or public administration that included or was supplemented by 24 hours in accounting and/or auditing (the 24 hours may include up to 6 hours of credit for business law)
Your responses to the questions below will be used in the evaluation of your qualifications for the Staff Accountant. Your resume and application materials must support the level of experience and/or education you claim in this questionnaire. If, after a complete review of your application package, a determination is made that you have overstated your qualifications, you may be rated ineligible for this position.
2. For the GS-09 grade level: Do you have at least one year of specialized experience at the GS-07 level performing reconciliations; entering and processing data into various accounts; preparing monthly trial monthly balances and financial reports; developing automated accounting instructions and procedures for routine transactions; and analyzing financial and statistical data; OR you have completed 2 years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a master's degree or master's or equivalent graduate degree.A. YES
3. For the GS-11 grade level: Do you have at least one year of specialized experience at the GS-09 level analyzing and reconciling a variety of accounts and transactions; formulating a variety of routine financial reports and implementing fiscal year-end closing procedures; and assisting with developing procedures to be used in the design or modification of automated accounting systems; OR you have completed 3 years of progressively higher- level graduate education leading to a Ph.D. degree or Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree.A. YES
For each of the following tasks, choose the statement from the list of level descriptions below that best describes your experience and/or training. You must respond to questions about the education and/or specialized experience you have had that is related to the requirements of the job you are applying for. Answer the questions to the best of your ability. Your narrative resume and/or other application materials must contain evidence to support your responses. Your responses are also subject to verification through background checks, job interviews, or any other information obtained during the application process. Please select only one response for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
4. Apply knowledge of financial management concepts and procedures; and utilize generally accepted fiscal accounting principles and standards.
5. Perform a variety of accounting functions using the US Standard General Ledger and related guidance.
6. Reconcile cash, accounts receivable, accounts payable and other general ledger accounts.
7. Interpret and apply laws, regulations, policies, standards, or procedures to specific accounting issues.
8. Use automated accounting and financial management systems effectively on a regular basis to analyze financial data.
9. Participate in preparing procedural instructions for the development or implementation of automated accounting systems.
10. Use Microsoft Office software to access, create, edit, send, retrieve and manipulate data, documents or other information.
11. Recommend the revision of policies and procedures to facilitate the effective use of financial and/or accounting systems.
12. Review automated accounting and financial management systems and identifies the need for changes to enhance system effectiveness and capability.
13. Prepare internal and external financial statements and financial reports.
14. Identify accounting errors and resolve accounting discrepancies in data.
15. Collect and analyze accounting and financial data.
16. Conduct financial analysis, audits and/or investigations of financial transactions.
17. Conduct financial analysis, audits and/or investigations of financial transactions such as mortgage loan histories or similar documents
18. Review, analyze and validate organization or financial data.
19. Perform financial/accounting review assignments that require ingenuity and apply advanced techniques to gather and evaluate data.
20. Interpret data for the purpose of improving the financial and/or accounting operations of the organization.
21. Advise management in applying technical financial data and recommend alternatives to resolve problems.
22. As previously explained, your ratings in this questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on documents and references you submit. Later steps in the evaluation process are specifically designed to verify your qualifications and ratings. Please take this opportunity to review your responses and verify their accuracy.A. Yes, I verify that all of my responses to this questionnaire are true and accurate. I accept that if my supporting documentation and/or later steps in the selection process do not support one or more of my responses that my application may be rated lower and/or I may be removed from further consideration.