Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
SAFETY AND OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH SPECIALIST (Military Membership Required)
All biographic information is required, except for your telephone number and the contact time.
Enter the lowest grade level (09-09) you will accept.
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
Please choose the best response below that matches your current status:
Open to ranks AB (E-1) to TSgt (E-6). Are you currently an AB (E-1) to TSgt (E-6) or would you be willing to take an administrative reduction in rank for this job?A. Yes
Please enter in your current Rank, Unit of assignment and AFSC.
3. Do you possess undergraduate/graduate education in one of following disciplines: Major study -- safety or occupational health fields (safety, occupational health, industrial hygiene), or degree in other related fields that included or was supplemented by at least 24 semester hours of study from among the following (or closely related) disciplines: safety, occupational health, industrial hygiene, occupational medicine, toxicology, public health, mathematics, physics, chemistry, biological sciences, engineering, and industrial psychology OR experience in scientific or technical work that provided an understanding of the basic principles and concepts of the safety and occupational health field (creditable general experience must have demonstrated the achievement of knowledge equivalent to the education described above)?A. Yes, I possess the required education and/or experience as described above.
4. Do you possess at least 24 months experience, education, or training in or directly related to this position and which has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position?A. Yes, I possess 24 months experience/education/training performing the listed tasks.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I know little or nothing about this.
5. Assists in the administration of a safety and occupational health program for ground and explosive safety to control or eliminate unsafe behaviors and hazards in accordance with DoD, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Air Force Occupational Safety and Health (AFOSH, and National Guard Bureau (NGB) safety regulations and standards.
6. Reviews assigned accident/incident reports related to ground and explosive property damage and/or personnel injuries, including nonflying aircraft mishaps.
7. Provides safety related expertise on surveys, inspections and evaluations of unit facilities, shops, and activities related to elimination of hazards that are applicable to: aircraft, maintenance/flight line operations, civil engineering, explosive safety, motor vehicle maintenance, contractor operations, etc.
8. Participates in inspections and evaluations related to all ANG functions to include aircraft servicing operations involving high hazard activities such as egress exercises, emergency fire fighting procedure, aircraft maintenance support, aircraft loading procedures and fuel servicing, and munitions transportation of explosives.
9. Performs construction site inspections of facilities and contractor personnel operating on the installation to determine compliance with applicable safety and health code requirements.
10. Assists the Safety and Occupational Health Manager in conducting human factor studies to discover mishap and hazardous conditions causes and relationships in order to reduce or prevent their severity.
11. Prepares and conducts safety training classes for supervisors and employees.
12. Conducts promotional campaigns to stimulate interest in accident prevention.
13. Maintains accident/injury records and review reports and other data to detect common patterns and trends.
14. Files and maintains safety and occupational health related records, reports, correspondence, publications, and regulatory information.
15. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, my answers are true, correct, complete, and made in good faith.A. Yes.