Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
The Vacancy Identification Number is: 984042
ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN (CIVIL), GS-0802-9/10/11
Please answer the following Employment Availability Questions by selecting either Yes or No.
Enter the lowest grade level (09-11) you will accept.
The occupational specialty will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one occupational specialty code for this position. The specialty code for this position is:
The geographic location code will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are intrested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. Are you submitting Form BIA-4432, Verification of Indian Preference for Employment in the Bureau of Indian Affairs, to claim Indian Preference? Note: You must include and upload your Form BIA-4432. As outlined in the vacancy announcement, this is the ONLY Indian Preference Verification Form that will be accepted.
2. Are you a veteran and submitting a DD-214, Certificate of Release or Honorable Discharge from Active Duty, to verify Veteran's Preference claimed? Note: You must include and upload your DD-214, if claiming 5 pt. or 10 pt. preference and Standard Form 15 including the required supporting documentation, if claiming 10 pt. preference. For more information, please go to the following website: http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx
3. Are you submitting your most recent SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action, to verify you are a current status employee or a former employee with Reinstatement eligibility? Note: You must include and upload your latest SF-50 to verify transfer or reinstatement eligibility.
4. Do you possess a valid Drivers License?
Do not overstate or understate your level of experience and demonstrated capability. You should be aware that your ratings are subject to evaluation and verification based on the resume, and other relevant documents you submit, as well as through verification of references as appropriate. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your stated level of experience and demonstrated capability. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position following acceptance. For more information, plesae go to the following website: http://www.opm.gov/qualifications/standards/group-stds/gs-tech.asp
5. Please select the letter corresponding to the statement that most clearly and accurately describes your HIGHEST level of experience and/or education to perform the work of this position at grade GS-09.
6. Please select the letter corresponding to the statement that most clearly and accurately describes your HIGHEST level of experience and/or education to perform the work of this position at grade GS-10.
7. Please select the letter corresponding to the statement that most clearly and accurately describes your HIGHEST level of experience and/or education to perform the work of this position at grade GS-11.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item. If after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have overstated your qualifications and/or experience and your self-rating is not supported, your score will be lowered.
8. Provide suggestions/recommendations to team lead and supervisor on the successful administration of IRR programs.
9. Work as a key team member; provide technical assistance to tribal officials in development of projects and delivery of transportation services through contracts and program agreements with the Tribal Governments.
10. Provide technical assistance to team members developing statements of work for negotiated contracts.
11. Help to achieve project and team goals through communication with team lead, supervisor and customers.
12. Reinforce national, Regional and local guidance from Department, Branch and supervisor and team lead to other team members.
13. Assist tribal entities and contracts in development of their IRR inventory.
14. Perform field site visits during the project planning phase for transportation projects.
15. Perform investigations/surveys on facilities to ensure compliance with plans and specifications as well as Federal and state regulations.
16. Compile data to assist reviews of the design of various transportations projects.
17. Compile data for use in determining environmental impacts of project construction and assist in compliance with the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA).
18. Review investigations/surveys completed by others.
19. Assist with the review of plans/drawings and specifications for projects prior to contract advertisement to determine constructability.
20. Assist with the determination/verify cost estimates for projects.
21. Assist with the development of schedules for orderly and timely accomplishment of project work.
22. Arrange for obtaining survey and design data and information from outside sources such as contractors, other state and Federal agencies in order to develop contract bid documents.
23. Prepare documentation that serves as the basis for project approval and funding.
24. Track contract deliverable and expenditures for planning, design and construction contracts.
25. Attend pre-construction conferences to discuss and clarify principal construction features.
26. Serve as Awarding Official's Technical Representative or Subordinate Awarding Officials Technical Representative for planning and maintenance projects.
27. Ensure that contractors abide by applicable acquisition regulations (local/state/federal) and contract requirements.
28. Review contractor construction schedules and plans.
29. Advise team lead and supervisor whether construction is progressing in accordance with contract requirements.
30. Assist in the preparation of technical reports setting forth progress status and recommend contract action needed to correct deficiencies.
31. Review progress payments from the contractor and recommend payment terms to the CO/AO.
32. Interpret contract specifications and drawings pertaining to construction.
33. Review and approve submittals for changes in planning/maintenance scopes of work received from contractor.
34. Assist team lead to make final engineering determination on whether methods and material employed meet the requirements of the contract.
35. Assist in the development of contract specifications and requirements.
36. Monitor activities to assure that projects are implemented and desired outcomes are achieved.
37. Prepare general correspondence or informational memorandums and letters in draft or final format.
38. Assist with the review of the preparation of plans, drawings and/or specifications for construction projects.
39. Assist with the review of plans, drawings and/or specifications for construction projects to determine constructability and conformance with the scope of work.
40. Assist with the contract management for the construction of roads and associated features.
41. Assist with the contract management for the design and construction of water control structures, culverts, ditches, and drains.
42. Assist with the analysis structures/facilities to identify deterioration/damage.
43. Assist with the identification of fatigue, cracking, wearing or damage, or differential settlement in concrete, timber, or steel.
INSTRUCTIONS: As previously explained, your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your ratings. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position/agency during the probation period. Please take this opportunity to review your ratings to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you: 1) understand this warning; 2) have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy; and 3) verify that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability.
44. Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.
APPLICANT RESPONSIBILITY: It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information entered, uploaded, or faxed (i.e., resume, veterans or Indian preference documentation, assessment questions and answers, and SF50s) is received.