Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
The Vacancy Identification Number is: 984013
FINANCIAL SPECIALIST, GS-0501-9/11/12
Please answer the following Employment Availability Questions by selecting either Yes or No.
Enter the lowest grade level (09-12) you will accept.
The occupational specialty will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one occupational specialty code for this position. The specialty code for this position is:
The geographic location code will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are intrested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
Do not overstate or understate your level of experience and demonstrated capability. You should be aware that your ratings are subject to evaluation and verification based on the résumé, and other relevant documents you submit, as well as through verification of references as appropriate. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your stated level of experience and demonstrated capability. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position following acceptance.
1. Are you submitting Form BIA-4432, Verification of Indian Preference for Employment in the Bureau of Indian Affairs, to claim Indian Preference? Note: You must include and upload your Form BIA-4432. As outlined in the vacancy announcement, this is the ONLY Indian Preference Verification Form that will be accepted.
2. Are you a veteran and submitting a DD-214, Certificate of Release or Honorable Discharge from Active Duty, to verify Veteran's Preference claimed? Note: You must include and upload your DD-214, if claiming 5 pt. or 10 pt. preference and Standard Form 15 including the required supporting documentation, if claiming 10 pt. preference.
3. Are you submitting your most recent SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action, to verify you are a current status employee or a former employee with Reinstatement eligibility? Note: You must include and upload your latest SF-50 to verify transfer or reinstatement eligibility. To determine if you are eligible, please go to the following website: http://www.usajobs.gov/EI3.asp
Incumbent will be required to operate a government-owned or leased motor vehicle, in the performance of duties, therefore, a valid driver's license is required. Incumbent must have a safe driving record within the three-year period immediately preceding submittal of GSA Form 3607 and be able to meet the safe driving requirements of the Bureau of Indian Affairs.
4. Do you possess a valid Drivers License.
You must meet the specialized experience requirements for GS-0501 comparable in scope and responsibility to the next lower level in the federal service. Please note that your answers may be verified against the information you provide in your resume/application and information your references provide. The quality, type, and scope of your experience and/or training must demonstrate that you are fully qualified to perform the duties of the position to be filled. Be sure you describe your background as it relates to the duties of this position since your application or resume must support the response you select). For more information, go to: http://www.opm.gov/qualifications/Standards/group-stds/gs-admin.asp
5. Carefully read the following descriptions of experience and education. Select the one that best describes your qualifications for GS-9 Financial Specialist. Make sure your resume supports your response that you select. (NOTE: If qualifying based on education, you must submit a complete, legible copy of your official college or university transcript(s) with your application to document academic achievements and receive credit.)
6. Carefully read the following descriptions of experience. Select the one that best describes your qualifications for GS-11 Financial Specialist. Make sure your resume supports your response that you select. (NOTE: If qualifying based on education, you must submit a complete, legible copy of your official college or university transcript(s) with your application to document academic achievements and receive credit.)
7. Carefully read the following descriptions of experience. Select the one that best describes your qualifications for GS-12 Financial Specialist. Make sure your resume supports your response that you select.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item. If after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have overstated your qualifications and/or experience and your self-rating is not supported, your score will be lowered.
8. Apply financial management concepts, principles, and techniques.
9. Plan and conduct financial management studies that involve the analysis of interrelated administrative processes; e.g., budgetary, financial, procurement, and property management functions.
10. Recommend adaptation of established procedures to eliminate problems or improve the operation under study.
11. Review and evaluate financial systems for effectiveness of internal controls and integrity of the organization's financial information.
12. Review data in reports and financial statements and identifying abnormal trends and control weaknesses.
13. Conduct financial reviews.
14. Determine compliance with generally accepted accounting and financial management principles and standards, and identify problems.
15. Analyzing processing flows, integration of external system interfaces, and internal subsystem modules.
16. Review and analyze financial reports generated by the system.
17. Identify problems and discrepancies, and determining if adjustments or corrections are required.
18. Participate in the preparation of recurring financial management reports, statements, and supporting justifications by performing problem analysis.
19. Ensure data integrity and consistency.
20. Prepare related financial documentation.
21. Adapt financial management procedures to satisfy reporting requirements.
22. Prepare and direct the preparation of a number of regulatory and special purpose management financial or statistical reports, ensuring that they are accurate and timely.
23. Evaluating financial system software by preparing test scenarios for new releases, enhancements, and existing features of the software, and by conducting actual testing and documenting results.
24. Identify problems and improve financial management efficiency and effectiveness.
25. Satisfy financial management reporting requirements and correct internal control weaknesses.
26. Recognize problems with the existing accounting system, recommends changes, and integrates or implements improvements.
27. Work as a team.
28. Plan and schedule work, define and streamline processes, produce results.
29. Direct and develop team members.
30. Plan and conduct financial studies and write reports.
31. Advise financial managers and program managers on financial policy and procedures.
VERIFICATION STATEMENT: As previously explained, your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your ratings. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position/agency during the probation period. Please take this opportunity to review your ratings to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you: 1) understand this warning; 2) have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy; and 3) verify that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability.
32. Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.
NOTE: It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information entered, uploaded, or faxed (i.e., resume, veterans or Indian preference documentation, assessment questions and answers, and SF 50s) is received and is accurate.