Chemical Engineer, GS-0893-13
Vacancy ID: 1006290 Announcement Number: HHS-FDA-CDER-DE-14-1006290 USAJOBS Control Number: 356591700Occupational/Assessment Questions:
This section will be used to identify the level of education achieved, to meet the basic education requirements for Chemical Engineer. Transcripts are required to verify your educational claims. Unofficial transcripts may be submitted, however, official transcripts may be required at a later date.
1. Choose one answer which best describes your education and/or experience in accordance with requirements for engineering positions at this level.A. I have successfully completed a 4-year course of study leading to a bachelor's degree in professional engineering. To be acceptable, the curriculum must: (1) be in a school of engineering with at least one curriculum accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) as a professional engineering curriculum; or (2) include differential and integral calculus and courses (more advanced than first-year physics and chemistry) in five of the following seven areas of engineering science or physics: (a) statics, dynamics; (b) strength of materials (stress-strain relationships); (c) fluid mechanics, hydraulics; (d) thermodynamics; (e) electrical fields and circuits; (f) nature and properties of materials (relating particle and aggregate structure to properties); and (g) any other comparable area of fundamental engineering science or physics, such as optics, heat transfer, soil mechanics, or electronics.
B. I have a combination of education and experience equivalent to a bachelor's degree in engineering, demonstrated by my current registration as a professional engineer by any state, District or Columbia, Guam or Puerto Rico.
C. I have a combination of education and experience equivalent to a bachelor's degree in engineering, demonstrated by passing the Engineer-in-training (EIT) exam or required written test for professional registration administered by Boards of Engineering Examiners in any state, District of Columbia, Guam or Puerto Rico.
D. I have a combination of education and experience equivalent to a bachelor's degree in engineering, demonstrated by completion of 60 semester hours of courses in physical, math, and engineering science and including engineering courses specified in Choice A.
E. I completed a bachelor's degree in engineering technology or an appropriate professional field, e.g., physics, chemistry, architecture, computer science, math, hydrology or geology, and I have 1 year of professional engineering experience under professional engineering supervision.
F. My experience and/or education is not reflected in the above statements.
Respond to each of the following
questions. For each question, choose the
response that best represents you’re your eligibility, employment, and
skills. Please note that your answers
will be verified against the information you provided in your uploaded resume,
documents and information provided by your references.
2. Do you have one year of specialized experience, equivalent to at least the GS-12 level in the Federal service, that included providing expert technical advice and guidance on
chemical engineering or regulatory problems related to pharmaceutical
manufacturing, formulation development, and drug product performance? A. Yes and my resume supports this experience.
For each of the items below, select the one statement that most accurately describes your training, experience, and capability using the scale below. A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
B- I have had education or training in performing the task, but have not yet performed it on the job.
C- I have performed this task on the job. My work on this task was monitored closely by a supervisor or senior employee to ensure compliance with proper procedures.
D- I have performed this task as a regular part of a job. I have performed it independently and normally without review by a supervisor or senior employee.
E- I am considered an expert in performing this task. I have supervised performance of this task or am normally the person who is consulted by other workers to assist them in doing this task because of my expertise.
3. Evaluate and respond to issues related to
pharmaceutical manufacturing formulation development, and/or drug product
4. Lead research and evaluation of scientific
properties, analysis, behavior, and the impact of these properties on the
safety and effectiveness of drug products.
5. Interpret and evaluate the design of formulations
used in drug products to determine their effect on the stability, and dissolution of drug products.
6. Conduct research to develop new and improved chemical
7. Utilize knowledge of chemistry, process
engineering, and mathematical modeling in resolving complex review issues.
8. Troubleshoot problems with chemical manufacturing processes.
9. Solve complex issues in
pharmaceutical science or chemical engineering research.
10. Participate in meetings with professional scientific societies and present papers on investigative results.
11. Compile data to prepare special reports for publication in professional scientific journals.
12. Provide authoritative analysis of scientific data on new and generic drug applications.