Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated.
Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. Failure to provide your Social Security Number on your application materials will result in your application not being processed.
The Vacancy Identification Number is: 1009289
Aircraft Mechanic (Fixed Wing) - Military Requirement
Applicants will only be notified of their rating electronically. In order to receive your Notice of Rating, you must apply using Option A, Application Manager.
If not already selected, please indicate your lowest acceptable pay plan, grade level, or pay band:
These dates are required if you have claimed Veterans' Preference unless you have claimed derived Preference (i.e., widows, spouse, etc.)
Please use this format: (MM/DD/YYYY)
If other than immediate, please indicate the date that you are available to begin working: (MM/DD/YYYY)
The occupational specialty will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one occupational specialty code for this position.
The specialty code for this position is:
The geographic location code will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and willing to accept employment.
The following section is used to determine your availability for an Air Reserve Technician position. Individuals selected for an Air Reserve Technician (ART) position must meet and maintain ART requirements. Applicants for ART positions must currently be a member of the Air Force Reserve or willing and eligible to join. Retired military personnel are not eligible for Air Reserve Technician positions unless currently assigned in an active Air Force Reserve position or a waiver has been obtained prior to self-nomination. Applicants must document on the resume, possession of a waiver. Prior to appointment, applicants must pass a physical examination and must be found physically qualified for admission to the Air Force Reserve. The Air Force has final responsibility for determining eligibility for admission to the Air Force Reserve.
1. Are you eligible to accept an ART position with the understanding this position requires an active duty military obligation as a condition of employment?A. Yes
This section will be used to determine if you meet the required screen out element: Ability to do the Work of an Aircraft Mechanic without more than Normal Supervision.
2. From the descriptions below, choose the one letter beside the statement that best describes the highest level of experience or training which demonstrates your ability to perform the duties of an Aircraft Mechanic, WG-8852-10 without more than normal supervision. Select only one letter.A. I have no experience or training as an Aircraft Mechanic.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one response for each item.A- I have not had education, training, or experience in performing this task.
3. Use and maintain powered and non-powered ground equipment.
4. Read and interpret cockpit instruments and gauges associated with maintenance and/or modification of aircraft.
5. Troubleshoot, repair, overhaul, modify, test and service aircraft electrical and weapons systems, sub-systems, and components.
6. Apply knowledge of operation of high performance/test-modified aircraft when assembling, installing, repairing, and troubleshooting equipment.
7. Perform functional testing, troubleshooting, and repairing of all airframe mechanical systems.
8. Install, align, and functionally test various major and minor mechanical and pneudraulic systems on an aircraft during overhaul or modification.
9. Install and adjust a variety of major interrelated and/or integrated aircraft systems, subsystems, and assemblies such as fuel and hydraulic systems, flight control systems, instrumentation systems, engine(s), landing gear assemblies, airframe, and control surfaces.
10. Read and understand data and settings from cockpit instruments and gauges.
11. Inspect and troubleshoot a variety of specially instrumented, high performance test modified, experimental or pre-production jet fighter/trainer aircraft.
12. Check technical guides to assure they include up-to-date changes.
13. Use and maintain measuring instruments, hand tools, and special tools.
14. Use test equipment and standard and specialized tools including fixtures, templates, scales, test stands and external power sources.
15. Troubleshoot on a variety of major aircraft and aircraft pneudralics systems.
16. Troubleshoot, repair, overhaul, modify, test and service accessories of aircraft and engines.
17. Inspect and troubleshoot a variety of test, pre-production, standard aircraft systems, sub-systems, and components.
18. Interpret instructions used in aircraft maintenance and modification.
19. Interpret specifications used in aircraft maintenance and modification.
20. Interpret technical drawings and manuals used in aircraft maintenance and modification.
21. Interpret verbal or written desires of test or project engineers regarding aircraft maintenance and modification.
22. Interpret blue prints used in aircraft maintenance and modification.
This section is used to certify the accuracy of your application package. Please take this opportunity to review your ratings to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you: Understand this warning; have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy; and verified that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability. Please respond 'yes' or 'no' to the following statement.
23. I certify that my responses to this questionnaire and the resume and documents provided in my application are true and accurate to the best of my knowledge. NOTE: Failure to certify will render you ineligible for consideration.A. Yes, I verify that all of my responses to this questionnaire are true and accurate. I accept that if my supporting documentation and/or later steps in the selection process do not support one or more of my responses to the questionnaire that my application may be rated lower and/or I may be removed from further consideration.