1. Are you a United States Citizen or National, who is at least 16 years old?A. Yes
The following section is used to determine your eligibility for appointment under the Delegated Examining or Direct Hire Authority in the Indian Health Service. Please respond "Yes" or "No" to the following statements. Do not leave any section blank.
The following section is used to determine your eligibility for appointment under the Delegated Examining or Direct Hire Authority in the Indian Health Service. Please respond "Yes" or "No" to the following statements. Do not leave any section blank. NOTE: You must submit the required documentation to verify eligibility as indicated below. Failure to provide documents will render you not eligible for the consideration. See instructions undert the "How to Apply" tab for submitting documentation.A- Yes.
2. Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification? (You must submit a properly completed and signed copy of the Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) Form BIA-4432, "Verification of Indian Preference for Employment in the Bureau of Indian Affairs and the Indian Health Service," for employees claiming Indian preference.)
3. Are you an Indian Health Service scholarship recipient who has completed the necessary requirements for an approved health profession degree in accordance with your academic institution and under the Indian Health Care Improvement Act (IHCIA)? (You will receive highest priority placement consideration for available vacancies within the IHS).
4. Are you a former competitive service employee who was separated by a Reduction in Force (RIF) to be considered eligible as a Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) or an Interagency Career Transition Program (ICTAP) applicant or placed on the agencies Reemployment Priority List (RPL) based on a RIF or separated because of work related injuries? (You must submit the appropriate supporting documentation).
Thank you for your interest in this Medical Officer (Psychiatry) position with the Indian Health Service.
We will evaluate your resume and your responses to this Assessment Questionnaire to determine if you are among the best qualified for this position. Your responses are subject to verification. Please review your responses for accuracy before you submit this questionnaire.
SECTION I. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND FACTORS.
1. In order to qualify for this position, you must meet the degree requirements for a physician position. Select the response that most closely and accurately describes your background and which demonstrates how you meet the education requirements. Select only one response and do not leave blank.A. I have a Degree as: Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy from a school in the United States or Canada approved by a recognized accrediting body in the year of the applicants graduation.
2. Prior to obtaining a Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy degree, all eligible physician candidates must have had at least (1) year supervised experience providing direct service in a clinical setting. Select the response that most accurately describes your graduate training background.A. I have completed, at minimum, a One (1) year internship program which involved a broadly based clinical practice in which physicians acquire experience in treating a variety of medical problems under supervision. Such programs are in hospitals or other institutions accredited for internship training by a recognized body of Psychiatrists.
3. This physician position provides direct patient care; as such, all eligible candidates must meet the licensure requirement. Select only one response and do not leave blankA. I have a permanent, full, and unrestricted license to practice medicine in a State, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States.
4. GS-14 MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS From the descriptions below, select the response that best describes your experience which demonstrates your ability to perform the work of this position at the GS-14. Select only one response and do not leave blank.A. I have completed four (4) years of residency training in Psychiatric specialty or have equivalent Psychiatry experience and training. This may have included a child psychiatry fellowship, additions fellowship, or current Board Certification in Psychiatry. The physician at this level assumes responsibility for diagnosis, prevention, therapy, maintenance, and rehabilitation of patients in the capacity of a senior specialist or expert.
5. GS-15 MINIMUM QUALIFICATION From the descriptions below, select the response that best describes your experience which demonstrates your ability to perform the work of this position at the GS-15. Select only one response and do not leave blank.
6. I possess a current, valid Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) registration to prescribe controlled substances or a DEA waiver to treat opiod dependent patients (with buprinoriphine treatment, for example).A. True
7. I have experience in mental health service delivery for American Indian and/or Alaskan Natives.A. Yes
In regards to the previous question, use the space provided to identify where in your resume you obtained education, training, or experience. If your response was "NO", leave this section blank.
For each of the following task statements, select one response below (A-E) that best describes your experience level as a Psychiatrist.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
8. Provide psychiatric clinical evaluations.
9. Provide crisis intervention services.
10. Provide individual services in psychotherapy/psychiatric services?
11. Provide group services in psychotherapy/psychiatric services?
12. Provide relaxation therapy in psychotherapy/psychiatric services?
13. Provide behavior therapy in psychotherapy/psychiatric services?
14. Provide adolescent services in psychotherapy/psychiatric services?
15. Provide child services in psychotherapy/psychiatric services?
16. Provides addictions evaluation in psychotherapy/psychiatric services.
17. Provides psychotropic prescription management for adults in psychiatry.
18. Provides psychotropic prescription management for adolescents.
19. Provides psychotropic prescription management for children.
20. Instructs and counsels patients in adherence to their treatment plan.
21. Maintain patient medical records in accordance with accrediting body requirements.
22. Maintains patient confidentiality in accordance with established policies.
23. Ensures compliance with medical regulations. For example, the Privacy Act, Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), and the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Action (HIPAA).
24. Interpret data obtained from observation, examination, monitoring, and lab values.
25. Discriminate between normal and abnormal findings, and provide appropriate care measures.
26. Utilize assessment data to determine an appropriate medical diagnosis and develop, implement, evaluate and revise an appropriate plan of care.
27. Provide medical care based on interpretation of data obtained from assessment, interview, history review and lab values.
28. Monitor care and treatment progress of patients.
29. Choose the one statement that best describes your highest level of experience and training in entering patient information into an Electronic Health Records (E.H.R.)?A. I have not had any experience/training in Electronic Health Records (E.H.R.)
30. Choose one statement that best describes your ability to work responsibly with other physicians and allied health professionals to provide quality patient care?A. I have not had any experience/training in working with multi-disciplinary teams to manage patient care.
For each of the following task statements, select one response below (A-E) that best describes your experience level.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
31. Interviews patients to obtain diagnostic information and/or a clinical history.
32. Instructs and counsels patients in adherence to their treatment plan.
33. Offer guidance on medical condition of the patient to other practitioners and/or the patient's medical representative.
34. Do you have experience in dealing with cultural issues that may impact the implementation of public health or public health related programs in Native American populations?A. Yes
In regard to the previous question, use the space provided to identify where in your resume you obtained education, training, or experience. If your response was "No", leave this section blank.
SECTION II. CERTIFICATION OF INFORMATION ACCURACY
As previously explained, your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy.
Certification of Information Accuracy
If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.
35. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.