1. As a basic requirement, all librarians must have professional education in library science or information science or possess equivalent experience and/or education as shown below in A or B. From the statements below, please select the one that demonstrates how you meet the basic requirement.
2. To minimally qualify for the PG-14 level, you must meet the below requirement.
Do you possess one year of specialized experience at the PG-13 (or equivalent) level or higher? Examples of qualifying specialized experience includes overseeing the development, enhancement, and management of a broad range of library systems delivered through integrated Library Systems (ILS) and web-based applications and services; identify workflow inefficiencies and develop solutions to improve operations; perform long range planning and budgeting leading a team of employees responsible for developing and managing library technology-based systems and services, including the Integrated Library System, web services, and other information technology systems that support library programs.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.
3. Develop system requirements.
4. Evaluate new technology for use in business processes.
6. Serve as a principal representative working on web development, policy, and professional development resources for the library community.
7. Play an active role in determining structure and management of a library's information gateway
8. Responsible for planning, developing, and evaluating the effectiveness of the technology associated with changes or additional features of electronic information
9. Deliver oral presentations to both librarian and non-librarian audiences
10. Convey technical information/data to professional library staff.
11. Make recommendations based on analysis and assessments of workflow and practices
12. Prepare operational and project planning documents
13. Prepare budget requests, performance plans, and position descriptions.
14. Write reports for management use, release to the library community, or the public
15. Lead a team which works with library information systems, processes, and products.
16. Establish workflow procedures to increase the efficiency of a team or group.
17. Provide training to a workgroup or team
18. Provide leadership, advice, guidance, and counsel to staff.
19. Review completed work to ensure that instructions, priorities, deadlines, and quality standards are met.