Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
The Vacancy Identification Number is: 1044720
NATURAL RESOURCES SPECIALIST, GS-0401-9
Please answer the following Employment Availability Questions by selecting either Yes or No.
Enter the lowest grade level (09-09) you will accept.
The occupational specialty will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one occupational specialty code for this position. The specialty code for this position is:
The geographic location code will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are intrested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
WARNING STATEMENT: Do not overstate or understate your level of experience and demonstrated capability. You should be aware that your ratings are subject to evaluation and verification based on the resume, and other relevant documents you submit, as well as through verification of references as appropriate. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your stated level of experience and demonstrated capability. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position following acceptance.
1. Are you submitting Form BIA-4432, Verification of Indian Preference for Employment in the Bureau of Indian Affairs, to claim Indian Preference? Note: You must include and upload your Form BIA-4432. As outlined in the vacancy announcement, this is the ONLY Indian Preference Verification Form that will be accepted.
2. Are you a veteran and submitting a DD-214, Certificate of Release or Honorable Discharge from Active Duty, to verify Veteran's Preference claimed? Note: You must include and upload your DD-214, if claiming 5 pt. or 10 pt. preference and Standard Form 15 including the required supporting documentation, if claiming 10 pt. preference. For more information, please go to the following website: http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx
3. Are you submitting your most recent SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action, to verify you are a current status employee or a former employee with Reinstatement eligibility? Note: You must include and upload your latest SF-50 to verify transfer or reinstatement eligibility. To determine if you are eligible, please go to the following website: http://www.usajobs.gov/EI3.asp
Incumbent will be required to operate a government-owned or leased motor vehicle, in the performance of duties, therefore, a valid driver's license is required. Incumbent must have a safe driving record within the three-year period immediately preceding submittal of GSA Form 3607 and be able to meet the safe driving requirements of the Bureau of Indian Affairs.
4. Do you possess a valid Driver's License. If you answered "Yes" to question four, please submit a copy of your current Valid Driver's License with your application.
5. From the descriptions below, select the answer that most accurately and specifically describes the education you have that demonstrates how you meet the Basic Qualification Requirement for this GS-0401 position. For more information visit: http://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/0400/general-natural-resources-management-and-biological-sciences-series-0401/
Mark only 1 response. Please note that your answer will be verified against the information you provide in your resume and application. (NOTE: You must submit a complete, legible copy of your official transcript(s) with your application to document academic achievement and receive credit for this basic requirement.)
Do not overstate or understate your level of experience and demonstrated capability. You should be aware that your ratings are subject to evaluation and verification based on the résumé, and other relevant documents you submit, as well as through verification of references as appropriate. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your stated level of experience and demonstrated capability. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position following acceptance. For more information regarding the qualifications, please refer to the following websites: http://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/0400/general-natural-resources-management-and-biological-sciences-series-0401/ AND http://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/#url=GS-PROF
6. Carefully read the following descriptions of experience and education. Select the one that best describes your qualifications for GS-9 Natural Resources Specialist. Make sure your resume supports your response that you select. (NOTE: If qualifying based on education, you must submit a complete, legible copy of your official college or university transcript(s) with your application to document academic achievements and receive credit.).
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item. If after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have overstated your qualifications and/or experience and your self-rating is not supported, your score will be lowered.
7. Determine appropriate natural resource management objectives, evaluation, procedures, protection and enhancement of trust lands.
8. Ensure compliance with natural resource program policies and directives; and directs implementation of program changes or adjustments to conform to program policies, standards and objectives.
9. Confer with agency land operations officers/trust resources officers in coordinating development of plans and programs for the conservation, development, improvement, maintenance, management and operation of Indian water, soil, forage, timber, and wildlife resources.
10. Assure that land operations program is properly integrated with appropriate federal, tribal, state, county and local natural resource and related programs.
11. Acquire and maintain a working knowledge of relevant laws, regulations, policies, standards pertaining to natural resources management.
12. Coordinate with landowners, lessees, and permittees developing sound management plans for protection and enhancement of trust lands.
13. Plan with staff, supervisor, outside agencies and tribal representatives of all matters relating to the conversation, development and management of natural resources on the reservation.
14. Responsible for project background research, analysis and reports.
15. Ability to read detailed maps and make determinations of precise and accurate legal land descriptions assuring accuracy of legal descriptions used.
16. Survey land using mechanical and electronic surveying tools to establish general property lines and to determine if existing lines are questionable.
17. Analyze vegetation and soil conditions for appropriate agricultural use.
18. Perform overall analysis, development, utilization and management of multiple natural resources.
19. Recommend grazing practices and land treatments in light of inventory finds and management goals.
20. Adjust stocking rates and use season in accordance with the land and resource used, tribal and area directives.
21. Determine range suitability, conditions, forage production, proper season of use and best classes of livestock.
22. Determine grazing capacity according to type of livestock, soil and forage conditions and other factors.
23. Prepare findings, reports, and recommendations based on science, knowledge, logical conclusions or persuasive arguments.
24. Identify and monitor key range plants in determining management prescriptions to maintain or improve range health.
25. Identify and monitor pests, noxious weeds and introduced species and prescribe treatments to contain, reduce or eliminate them.
26. Efficient use of office computer programs and electronic field equipment including but not limited to: GPS equipment, ArcGlS v10.0 or newer, PowerPoint, research via Internet, MSWord, MSExcel, MSOutlook (electronic messaging), etc.
27. Monitor and collect field data using GPS equipment and extract GPS data into Agency GIS databases.
28. Analyze and create reports and maps from ESRI software.
29. Create and edit geo-spatial metadata.
30. Use MSWord to produce and edit documents in various designated styles and formats requested.
31. Operate MSExcel to utilize advanced capabilities of data manipulation in producing results and reports.
32. Perform internet use and project research.
33. Learn new IT processes and utilize with proficiency and adaptability.
34. Communicate clearly in front of small/large groups in casual/formal settings.
35. Conduct or lead briefings, meetings, or conferences.
36. Communicate clearly with other professional staff.
37. Communicate professionally with private/public/special interest groups/individuals, occasionally under stressed circumstances.
38. Comprehend both written/verbal instructions accurately.
39. Write/relay instructions accurately from verbal directives for others to follow.
40. Proof read and assure accuracy of data entries, file records, documents, reports, and letters.
41. Develop and give formal presentations to other staff, Tribal council, peer agencies and other groups.
42. Modify form letters to address specific concerns and prepare non-routine correspondence on a regular basis from familiar issues.
INSTRUCTIONS: As previously explained, your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your ratings. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position/agency during the probation period. Please take this opportunity to review your ratings to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you: 1) understand this warning; 2) have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy; and 3) verify that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability.
43. Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.
APPLICANT RESPONSIBILITY: It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information entered, uploaded, or faxed (i.e., resume, veterans or Indian preference documentation, assessment questions and answers, and SF50s) is received.