Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
The Vacancy Identification Number is: 1045113
REALTY ASSISTANT (CONVEYANCES/OA), GS-1101-5/6/7
Please answer the following Employment Availability Questions by selecting either Yes or No.
Enter the lowest grade level (05-07) you will accept.
The occupational specialty will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one occupational specialty code for this position. The specialty code for this position is:
The geographic location code will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are intrested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. Are you submitting Form BIA-4432, Verification of Indian Preference for Employment in the Bureau of Indian Affairs, to claim Indian Preference? Note: You must include and upload your Form BIA-4432. As outlined in the vacancy announcement, this is the ONLY Indian Preference Verification Form that will be accepted.
2. Are you a veteran and submitting a DD-214, Certificate of Release or Honorable Discharge from Active Duty, to verify Veteran's Preference claimed? Note: You must include and upload your DD-214, if claiming 5 pt. or 10 pt. preference and Standard Form 15 including the required supporting documentation, if claiming 10 pt. preference.
3. Are you submitting your most recent SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action, to verify you are a current status employee or a former employee with Reinstatement eligibility? Note: You must include and upload your latest SF-50 to verify transfer or reinstatement eligibility. To determine if you are eligible, please go to the following website: http://www.usajobs.gov/EI3.asp
4. Do you possess a valid Drivers License?
WARNING STATEMENT: Do not overstate or understate your level of experience and demonstrated capability. You should be aware that your ratings are subject to evaluation and verification based on the resume, and other relevant documents you submit, as well as through verification of references as appropriate. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your stated level of experience and demonstrated capability. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position following acceptance.
5. Carefully read the following descriptions of experience and education. Select the one that best describes your qualifications for GS-5 Realty Assistant (Conveyances/OA). Make sure your resume supports the response that you select.
6. Carefully read the following descriptions of experience and education. Select the one that best describes your qualifications for GS-6 Realty Assistant (Conveyances/OA). Make sure your resume supports the response that you select.
7. Carefully read the following descriptions of experience and education. Select the one that best describes your qualifications for GS-7 Realty Assistant (Conveyances/OA). Make sure your resume supports the response that you select. (As a general rule, education is not creditable above GS-5, however, graduate education may be credited in those few instances where the graduate education is directly related to the work of the position.)
8. For all positions titled as Office Automation or any clerical positions which has parenthetical title of Office Automation (OA), applicants must have typing proficiency of 40 words per minute (wpm) and knowledge of general office automation software such as, word processing, personal computer, electronic mail, database management, spreadsheet, etc.
To be eligible for (OA) positions, you must be able to: type 40 words per minute; possess knowledge of general office automation software, such as word processing, personal computer, electronic mail, database management, spreadsheet, etc.
NOTE: A falsification of this certification may be used as grounds for not employing you, or for dismissal.
DO YOU HEREBY CERTIFY THAT YOU MEET THE REQUIREMENTS SET FORTH IN THIS SELF-CERTIFICATION STATEMENT?
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.
9. Provide assistance, advice and guidance to landowners and Agency personnel.
10. Apply Bureau policies, procedures and regulations in the day to day operation of workload.
11. Gather data and information to assist in the preparation of acquisition & disposal transactions.
12. Conduct field inspections.
13. Process rights-of-ways across trust land.
14. Provide interpretation and application of laws, policy and regulations.
15. Advise applicants of approval or disapproval actions.
16. Process in accordance with departmental and bureau regulations, policies and procedures pertaining to trust land.
17. Initiate action on transactions and caseload.
18. Enforce rights-of-way requirements on trust land with applicants.
19. Interpret aerial photographs and topographic maps.
20. Evaluate land descriptions.
21. Read, write and post legal descriptions with full accuracy.
22. Examine and review title reports and encumbrance documents.
23. Identify the need for investigation with appropriate documentation.
24. Utilize Realty Related Systems.
25. Interpret and Operate map organizing systems.
26. Disseminate information securely to management.
27. Acquire title reports for land descriptions.
28. Provide written responses utilizing proper grammar, spelling and required formats in written communication.
As previously explained, your ratings in the Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your ratings. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position/agency during the probation period. Please take this opportunity to review your ratings to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you; (a) understand this warning, (b) have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy and (c) verify that your responses accurately described your current level of experience and capability.
29. Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.
INSTRUCTIONS: It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information entered, uploaded, or faxed
(i.e., resume, veterans or Indian preference documentation, assessment questions and answers, and SF 50's) is received and is accurate.