Thank you for your interest in a position with the Department of Justice (DOJ). Your response to this assessment questionnaire, in conjunction with other portions of your completed application, will be evaluated in making screening decisions.
This is a DOJ job application system. Your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please review your responses for accuracy before you submit this application. Incomplete/incorrect responses may result in you not receiving appropriate consideration.
For each of the following questions, please select the response that best describes your education and/or experience. You may select only one response for each question. If you feel that your education or experience exceeds all of the descriptions for a particular question, choose the description that is the closest level to the experience or education that you possess. Failure to respond to these questions will result in an ineligible rating.
1. From the descriptions below, select the ONE response that BEST describes the experience that you possess that demonstrates your ability to perform as a GS-09 Victim Witness Specialist.
2. From the descriptions below, select the ONE response that BEST describes the education and/or experience that you possess that demonstrates your ability to perform as a GS-11 Victim Witness Specialist.
Identify the specific experience from your resume or cover letter that validates your response. Also list the name and contact information of someone who can verify your response.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.
3. Reviewing research regarding new and developing victim issues.
4. Developing a library of resource materials for use by victims.
5. Developing a library of resource materials for use by community organizations.
6. Administering funds for victims and witnesses.
7. Providing information to victims on status of defendant's pleas.
8. Providing information to victims and witnesses on results of trial.
9. Obtaining services and assistance for victims and witnesses through programs and funds such as the Emergency Witness Assistance Program (EWAP), the Federal Crime Victim Assistance Fund (FCVAF) and the Trafficking Victims Protection Act (TVPA).
10. Speaking to the public about victim's issues.
11. Speaking to special interest groups about victim's issues.
12. Providing in-court support during hearings and trials such as providing courtroom tours prior to testimony and providing opportunities for victims to consult with their attorneys handling the case.
13. Conducting training to law enforcement and community service providers on victim-witness matters and reviewing literature regarding developing victim and witness issues.
14. Directing the dissemination of information pertinent to various victim witness protection laws.
15. Reviewing literature regarding new and developing victim issues.
16. Administering special programs for victims and witnesses.
17. Providing recommendations to legal advisors on victim-witness matters.
18. Providing recommendations to law enforcement organizations on victim-witness matters.
19. Developing policies to obtain witness travel services.
As previously explained, your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy. Incomplete/incorrect responses may result in you not receiving appropriate consideration.
20. If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this program.
I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that I will not be considered for employment if I do not respond "Yes" to this certification item.
I understand a comprehensive background investigation, including a check of my credit history and a pre-employment drug screening, is required for this position.
You have submitted your answers for the Assessment Questionnaire. If you
provided an email address, you will receive a confirmation email upon receipt of the Assessment
Questionnaire. Please review the Vacancy Announcement to assure that you have submitted all
necessary supporting documents. Thank you for your interest in a position with the Department