1. Are you a United States Citizen or National, who is at least 16 years old?A. Yes
The following section is used to determine your eligibility for appointment under the Merit Promotion or Excepted Service Examining Plan in the Indian Health Service. Please respond "Yes" or "No" to the following statements. Do not leave any section blank. NOTE: You must submit the required documentation to verify your eligibility as indicated below. Failure to provide the required documents will render you not eligible for consideration. See instructions under the "How to Apply" tab for submitting documentation.
The following section is used to determine your eligibility for appointment under the Merit Promotion or Excepted Service Examining Plan in the Indian Health Service. Please respond "Yes" or "No" to the following statements. Do not leave any section blank.A- Yes.
2. Are you a current, permanent (non-temporary) civilian employee on a competitive service appointment in a Federal agency or a former civilian Federal employee who achieved career status in the competitive service; or an interchange agreement eligible; or a VEOA eligible; or a former civilian Federal employee who served on a career-conditional appointment and was separated less than three years ago without achieving career status in the competitive service? (You must submit supporting documentation).
3. Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification? (You must submit a properly completed and signed copy of the Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) Form BIA-4432, "Verification of Indian Preference for Employment in the Bureau of Indian Affairs and the Indian Health Service," for employees claiming Indian preference.)
4. Are you an Indian Health Service scholarship recipient who has completed the necessary requirements for an approved health profession degree in accordance with your academic institution and under the Indian Health Care Improvement Act (IHCIA)? (You will receive highest priority placement consideration for available vacancies within the IHS).
5. Have you held a permanent position in the competitive service at the same grade level with the same or higher promotion potential as this position; or be an Interagency Career Transition Program (ICTAP) applicant; or be eligible for a special appointment authority such as a Schedule A for the severely disabled? (You must submit supporting documentation).
6. Are you interested in performing the duties of this position within the United States Public Health Service Commissioned Corps? (You must submit sufficient information to permit this office to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements, including any selective placement factor).
INSTRUCTIONS: The following section is used to determine your Method of Consideration/Referral.
7. Please indicate which of the following plans you want to be considered under: you will only be considered for those that you indicate and are within reach for referral. Do not leave this section blank.
NOTE: You must also submit the required documentation to verify your eligibility as indicated in the vacancy announcement. Failure to provide the required documents will render you not eligible for consideration.
Thank you for your interest in this Clinical Nurse (OB/GYN) position with the Indian Health Service.
We will evaluate your resume and your responses to this Assessment Questionnaire to determine if you are among the best qualified for this position. Your responses are subject to verification. Please review your responses for accuracy before you submit this questionnaire.
SECTION I. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND FACTORS.
1. In order to qualify for this position, you must meet the Basic Requirements for a nurse position. Select the response that most closely and accurately describes your background which demonstrates how you meet the education and registration requirements. Select only one response and do not leave blank.A. I have successfully completed a degree or diploma from a professional nursing program which was approved by the legally designated State accrediting agency at the time my program was completed. In addition, I have an active, current registration as a professional nurse in a State, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States. (Must submit transcripts and current registration)
2. GS-09 In addition to meeting degree and registration requirements, from the descriptions below, select the response that best describes your experience which demonstrates your ability to perform the work of this position at the GS-09. Select only one response and do not leave blank.A. I have at least 1 year of professional nursing experience equivalent to at least the GS-7 level in the Federal service performing work that equipped me with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of this position as described in the vacancy announcement.
This position requires a nursing license before entering on duty.
3. I will have a current, valid, active, unrestricted license in any State, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States before entering on duty?A. Yes
Do you have active professional certification?A- Yes
4. Are you ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) Certified?
5. Are you NRP (Neonatal Resuscitation Provider) Certified?
For each task below, select the appropriate response that best reflects your experience level. Please select only one response. Your resume and/or supporting documentation must support your response.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
6. Provide obstetrical nursing to antepartum patients
7. Provide obstetrical nursing to intrapartum patients
8. Provide obstetrical nursing to labor and delivery patients
9. Provide nursing care to neonatal patients
10. Provide obstetrical nursing to postpartum patients
11. Provide obstetrical nursing to obstetrical high risk patients
12. Provide nursing care to newborn high risk patients
13. Provide nursing care to patients during outpatient visits
14. Provide obstetrical nursing care to pre-term labor patients
15. Provide obstetrical nursing care to pregnancy induced hypertension patients
16. Provide obstetrical nursing care abruptio placenta patients
17. Provide obstetrical nursing care placenta previa patients
18. Provide obstetrical nursing care fetal demise patients
19. Provide obstetrical nursing care to multiple gestation patients
20. Provide obstetrical nursing care cervidil induction patients
21. Provide obstetrical nursing care to diabetes of pregnancy patients
22. Provide obstetrical nursing care pyelonephritis patients
23. Provide obstetrical nursing care post-partum hemorrhage patients
24. Provide obstetrical nursing care uneventful post-partum patients
25. Conducts vaginal examination
26. Conducts sterile speculum examination
27. Provides care in fetal scalp electrode application
28. Provides care in delivery of multiple births
29. Provides care in vaginal delivery
30. Provides care in vacuum of forceps delivery
31. Provides care in emergency delivery
32. Provides care in shoulder dystocia
33. Conducts fetal monitoring
34. Provides care in neonatal resuscitation
35. Provides care in conscious sedation
36. Provides care in dilatation and curettage
37. Provide transitional care of the newborn, including thermoregulation
38. Provide care to feeding disorders of the newborn/pediatric patient
39. Provide care to infants of diabetic mother
40. Provide neonatal respiratory distress to newborns
41. Provide interventions to rule out sepsis of the newborn
42. Provide respiratory/cardiac emergencies of the newborn/pediatric patient
43. Provide newborn care to neonatal substance abuse exposure and withdrawal
44. Provide hyperbilirubinemia of the newborn
45. Provide newborn care neonatal and pediatric venipuncture and intravenous therapy (including umbilical catheterization, both arterial and venous)
46. Provide medication administration and dosages for newborn/pediatric patients
47. Provide newborn care to neonatal pediatric jaundice
48. Provide newborn care during neonatal transition period
49. Provide pediatric resuscitation and stabilization
50. Provide newborn care during neonatal and pediatric transports
51. Provide newborn care to pre-term babies
52. Provide normal newborn care
53. Provide infant gavage feeding to newborns
54. Enter patient information into an electronic health records system.
55. Develop obstetrical nursing care plans.
56. Implement interventions identified in the obstetrical nursing care plans.
57. Identify measurable goals in the obstetrical nursing care plans.
58. Evaluate effectiveness of obstetrical nursing care plans
59. Revise obstetrical nursing care plans
60. Teach mothers on lactation
61. Teach mothers on episiotomy and laceration care
62. Teach mothers post-operative cesarean section
63. Teach mothers infant cord care
64. Teach mothers newborn immunizations
65. Teach mothers patient discharge instructions
66. Operate Internal/External Fetal Monitor
67. Operate Doppler
68. Operate EKG Monitor
69. Operate IV Pumps
70. Operate Feeding Pumps
71. Operate Radiant Warmers
72. Operate Isolettes
73. Operate Phototherapy Lights
74. Operate Umbilical Lines
75. Operate Newborn Hearing Screener
76. Operate Birthing Tub
77. Operate Vacuum Extractor
78. Operate Intra-uterine Pressure Catheters
79. Operate Delee Suction
80. Operate Suction Curettage
81. Provides therapeutic administration of Magnesium Sulfate
82. Provides therapeutic administration of Terbutaline
83. Provides therapeutic administration of Cervadil
84. Provides therapeutic administration of Oxytocin
85. Provides therapeutic administration of Hepatitis B
86. Provides therapeutic administration of Versed
87. Provides therapeutic administration of Hemabate
88. Provides therapeutic administration of Cytotec
89. Provides therapeutic administration of Antibiotics
90. Performs therapeutic procedures in phlebotomy
91. Performs therapeutic procedures in intravenous catheter insertion
92. Performs therapeutic procedures in blood transfusions
SECTION II. CERTIFICATION OF INFORMATION ACCURACY
As previously explained, your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy.
Certification of Information Accuracy
If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.
93. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.