Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
Are you a graduate from a law school accredited by the American Bar Association and a member in good standing of a state, territory of the United States, District of Columbia, or Commonwealth of Puerto Rico bar?A. Yes, I am currently a member of a bar and in good standing.
2. Do you have five years of work experience after you received your JD at an accredited Law School?A. Yes, I have five years of work experience after I received my JD.
Do you have one year of specialized experience at a level close to the required duties that has given you the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities required to successfully perform this job?
Examples of Specialized experience include: providing legal opinions or memoranda on complex and difficult issues of law; reviewing and preparing recommendations for responses to subpoenas and other requests for production of materials; in depth knowledge of FOIA rules and regulations; and conducting litigation, including trying cases, before administrative bodies.A. Yes, I have one year of specialized work experience that includes the above duties.
Please address the following Mandatory Technical Competencies in a separate word document and upload the document along with your resume and any other supporting materials to your application. Please limit your response to 1 page for each competency. We will use this as a writing sample as well, please do not attach additional writing samples.
1. Extensive litigation experience, including drafting and filing legal briefs or memoranda as well as presenting evidence in proceedings before courts or administrative tribunals, with demonstrated abilities in the areas of written and oral advocacy.
2. Extensive experience analyzing complex legal issues, making statutory interpretations, and developing sound and supportable legal recommendations and arguments.
3. Thorough knowledge of legal principles and federal law, including familiarity with the Freedom of Information Act, the Privacy Act, employment law, contract law, and federal ethics regulations.
4. Demonstrated ability to represent an organization professionally and articulate the organization's position at meetings and in interactions with high-level officials, and to coordinate with internal and external offices.